Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lol I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow night... I'm always so lazy when ... BlackBerry Bold forum

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Lol I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow night... I'm always so lazy when it comes to putting pics online lol...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i was going to do this but thought against it, but i have the parts if anyone wants them ....im just not good at taking phones apart haha

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I have the black bezel, black trackball, and my rogers bold already has the red and white keypad. I left the silver buttons on so that there was some contrast. The ONE piece that I do wish was black is the memory card door.

Otherwise... I love it all black and wouldn't change it back.

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    I guess if the phone had a nice, medieval name like "The Blackberry Axe", we could all claim to be Axe Murderers. Anyone else find the "murdered out" description a slight bit silly though? :-)

But yes, I too have blacked out my Bold. I've had to order too many parts to do it though: I ordered just the bezel originally, but upon pulling everything apart, I didn't feel up to trying to transplant the speaker mesh and the little charging contact nubs.

So I ordered a black bezel with all the buttons, mesh, and battery cover latch. Except one of the screws actually sheered off (and the bottom half is hopelessly stuck in the threading) when I was trying to tighten it down (I wasn't using a lot of torque, but it went crooked somehow I think.), so now I'm ordering ANOTHER bezel with the buttons, mesh, etc. Very irritating. I wouldn't care about one screw missing except that the way the bold is built, it has to be perfectly tight for buttons to make contact-- in my case, the volume buttons. Having to squeeze a corner of the phone to use them is lame. :-)

I think if someone could share tips and tricks for dealing with those trickier pieces like the mesh and charging contacts, that would be fantastic.

I took some pictures, but I don't think moonlighting in photography is in my future. :-) Couldn't get the lighting right, so we'll have to wait on someone with some better photographic skills.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    How much does it cost to black out the bold? Roughly?

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Well the black trackball is 9.99
    The black "ring" around the ball is. 1.33
    Keyboard is 5.99
    Idk bout the convinence keys tho. Check out cnn.cn for parts.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    How much does it cost to black out the bold? Roughly?
    Got the black bezel for 17.99. It has all the convenience keys and memory card slot, everything. I don't know why you want want the red keyboard if you want to black out the phone (why add extra color??) I got the trackball for $12.99 (including the screwdriver). Also got the unbranded bottom cover for 7.99

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    Got the black bezel for 17.99. It has all the convenience keys and memory card slot, everything. I don't know why you want want the red keyboard if you want to black out the phone (why add extra color??) I got the trackball for $12.99 (including the screwdriver). Also got the unbranded bottom cover for 7.99
    Thanks. I don't have the red buttons anyway. I got my bold through AT&T and they are white. Thank you all for answering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12