Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

okay so I'm considering buying a black trackball and black bezel so that I can ... BlackBerry Bold forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

BLACK Bold?

Advertisement

okay so I'm considering buying a black trackball and black bezel so that I can "black-out" my Bold. I kno its nothing new, but I want to know do you guys think I should buy the all black buttons(ie. volume, mute, shortcut) as well or keep them "chrome". I'm also going to get the Rogers keyboard with red keys. Main reason I'm doing this is because I dropped my phone and the bottom as well as the side is all scratched up. I figured I'd switch it up a little but and go all black.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Guess what? I did the exact same thing today at 9:40 am. I'm in the same boat, and yes, I'm going with the black bezel and trackball-not sure about the keypad. A red letter keypad and red ball would look good with the black bezel though. What do you thinkv

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I've been thinking about "murdering out" my Bold and my 8330, I myself would like to have mine completely "murdered out" all keys included... somehow I don't recall seeing a black piece for the chrome strips that line the keys...

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    i have the setup with black bezel and trackball and red numbers... i kept my side buttons as silver to add some contrast.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    That sounds sexy. I wanna do it now!!! My curve would be super fresh if it was murdered out. Oh yes, with a flat black paint job too.

Quote Originally Posted by amsirron23 View Post
    i have the setup with black bezel and trackball and red numbers... i kept my side buttons as silver to add some contrast.
    would you mind postings pics?...I was leaning towards keeping the silver buttons for the exact reasons u did...was the process of taking apart n putting back ur berry a hastle?

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Guess what? I did the exact same thing today at 9:40 am. I'm in the same boat, and yes, I'm going with the black bezel and trackball-not sure about the keypad. A red letter keypad and red ball would look good with the black bezel though. What do you thinkv
    The red trackball w/red keypad would look sick...but I think the all black trackball jus takes the cake...

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    i myself was thinking do that too. red #s, with the bezel black and the other key functions (volume, mute... etc) black as well with the black trackball. wouldnt the red trackball get dirty and not look as nice when you first bought it?

*edited*
    i say go with what you think you would like in the long run. i personally would go black.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've blacked out my Bold...

I have a black trackball, bezel, convenience keys and volume rocker. I kept the silver battery latch and Mute key to continue the touch of silver-on-black that's seen in the silver molding on the leather battery door, the silver bars across the black keyboard and the silver trackball ring against the buttons and LCD. It adds a subtle but slightly stylish touch, in my opinion.

My keyboard is still white because I didn't want to add any unnecessary colors to the phone. The red and green phone keys are colorful enough for me.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    can you use the 8900's trackball for the bold?

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Yup that's how you black out ur bold by using the oem 8900 trackball or I've heard using the g1's trackball also
    Quote Originally Posted by SamlvsBB View Post
    can you use the 8900's trackball for the bold?

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    Don't have a chance to post pics yet because of work, but will do so when I get a chance. As for putting the bold back together... it really isn't as hard as it may seem. Took me probably about 15 minutes to change the bezel.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Hahhahaaa! U guys are too funny! Ya'll gotta post some pictures! I really wanna see it all!

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've blacked my Bold out also... Black everything and a new keyboard, but only because my original was slightly scratched. It looks sick. I also ordered a new silver bezel and a red trackball for when I get bored of this set up. I've got the bronze snake skin battery cover on it too.

When you guys changed your bezel did you melt the little nubs on the new buttons to hold them into place like the OEM ones? Or just stick them in place?
    I used a soldering iron to melt them into place on mine.
    Last edited by shanedogg; 06-09-2009 at 02:29 AM.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Sweet Action, shane! Gah, u guys gotta post pics...seriously!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast