Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks for the clarification. it's been awhile since I had to install bbm5. Do you ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Thanks for the clarification. it's been awhile since I had to install bbm5. Do you think your going to wipe and install a fresh version of your OS? That is probably what the store rep is going to do.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will let him do it, however I will mention that he should remove the SD card first after reading it here. The main reason I will let him do it is because if its still faulty after the install I can simply get a new one on the spot (assuming they have some in stock!)

Very good idea

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Uhh what? he transferred your info using the cellebrite machine and he claims it transferred the SOFTWARE or the KERNEL over? Lol never heard that before. I like when reps make up stuff. It sounds like u just had a defective device to me and u need a replacement. I dunno what all this talk about DM is about
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

He used DM to transfer the files (at least it looked like that was the program), as he connected the phones to a laptop.

Ok so they gave me a new battery, and they reinstalled the OS. However, there is now a new issue. My BB is showing that I have one unread message, and I cant get rid of the notification. I checked all three of my accounts and none had a message. I checked my SMS and there were no messages. I checked BBM and (you guessed it!) no messages. I thought that was odd, so I did a few resets, but it still showed I had a message. I decided to delete the email accounts on the device, and thats when things got strange. First, after deleting my accounts the device still shows one as being active. When I put the BB cursor over the icon it displays the email account name, even though it was deleted. Even the automatic BBM backup shows that account as still being registered to the device! Any ideas here???

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Check your Saved Messages folders. Not sure about this either, but also see if you have any pushed browser content. I had this happen back when I was using a 7105t and upgrading the OS did the trick.

I decided to fully wipe the device and start over. Doing that seemed to do the trick! Now I just need to go back in and install the apps and set the configurations.

bunky1971 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F29DE1
    Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez View Post
    I decided to fully wipe the device and start over. Doing that seemed to do the trick! Now I just need to go back in and install the apps and set the configurations.
    You may want to also take your microSD card out before the OS reload. While the OS is loading, read your microSD with your PC. Delete EVERY BBThumbs.db file on the SD card. It will take a bit to rescan once you reinstall, however that should take care of the battery problem.

I am only recounting my 9000 to 8520 experience. LOL. This is only the OPINION of this poster.

good luck!

I believe he just wiped to factory settings. Correct?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Yes I just wiped it to the factory settings, and one of the options was to also wipe the memory card (I chose yes). I assume that should adequately delete anything on the card, no?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Awww man, all these issues being reported from the 9700 makes me a bit antsy about getting it . What to do ....Help me Jeebus
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Its somewhat interesting, but when I wiped the device it actually had different software installed on it. When they initially transferred over my data (the first time), the BB had the old BBM on it. Furthermore, it didnt have all the Tmobile pre-installed crapware. Strangely, in addition to my contacts transferring over (the first time) the ring tones and notification sounds also somehow passed through as well. This leads me to beleive that it is possible that some other bugs (or "features") of the Sprint device did indeed get passed through to the new device. After I wiped it, the new BBM was on it. It also had some different pre-loaded software on it. Hopefully, this means whatever was ailing my device initially is now gone. Only time will tell!

Ok well here is the latest issue to crop up. For some reason, text messages arent being indexed by the sender; instead a "+" sign is appearing in front of the number in the inbox. An example would be that instead of the incoming message being labeled "Albert Chen" (as it is in my contacts list), it is showing up as "+12125551212". Even if I send a message to Albert Chen directly from my address book, his response will show up as the 10 digit number with the + on it. Is there a setting that somehow was put into place when I wiped the device? This is quite annoying, please assist!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why not just exchange it for a new one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast