Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I bought a new Bold 9700 yesterday, and I have had nothing but problems with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Big time issues with my Bold 9700!!

Advertisement

I bought a new Bold 9700 yesterday, and I have had nothing but problems with it. First, after charging the battery overnight (it showed 100% charged) within 5 minute of taking it off the charger the battery meter showed 60%. 5 hours later it was totally dead and needed to be recharged again. Second, it doesnt seem able to maintain connected to the network (wifi or Tmobile). It constantly switches between GPRS (yes you read that right) and 3G. Even when it shows 3G, many pages cant load and sometimes I get the error saying my device needs a "data connection" to continue. Lastly, the screen randomly turns black, a red light turns on, and the device reboots constantly.

I called the store that sold me the device, and the guy said that since he transferred the data from my old Sprint blackberry he thinks it somehow "confused" the phone. His theory is that some portion of the old kernel or operating system was also transfered over, and this is casuing the issue. He said I could bring it in tomorrow and he would reflash the device, although I am very sceptical of this doing anything for me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whats wrong with my device? Does the sales guys theory hold water? Is there a fix, or is my device defective???

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would first try to wipe and reload the device Operating System. Then re-add any apps one by one. If this doesn't work, then try a new battery. If THAT doesn't work, then it's the phone.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I think he will fix it. If that doesn't work, reinstall the OS. Sounds like you have a bug, probably from switching the devices as the rep said. Tmo and Sprint are not compatible.

The networks aren't compatible, but shouldn't the apps still transfer over?

Ok so if he flashes a clean OS then it should work? How will I transfer over my contacts though, wont that essentially cause the same issue (somehow corrupt the software) all over again?

Back up your old phone using the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager. I don't see how part of the OS could be transferred because you can't load a CDMA device OS onto a GSM device.

The guy is doing it for me at the store (using DM), so I just want to be sure the contacts transfer over. However, will the bug transfer over again since he will be loading the supposedly corrupt data back onto the newly flashed device?

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I would suggest using outlook express or outlook to sync your contacts. Then when you switch devices, just sync with outlook again to recover contacts. I had to do that once when switching from a Palm.

Yeah I think I will sync via Outlook just to be sure no bugs somehow transfer over.

Now do I need to have installed DM in order to sync with Outlook, or can I just connect my Blackberry to my computer and it will do it on its own?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If you restore your contacts from a back up, it will also install your Sprint service books which you don't want. Have you tried resending your new service
    books?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

No, how do I do that?

Go to the Internet setup icon and it will bring you to TMO then click on help. Then click on send service books. After that go to advanced options and host routing table and click menu and register now.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

You want to make sure your tcp settings is also correct. Go to options/advanced options/tcp/ip. The apn should be epc.tmobile.com. Leave the rest blank and click menu and save.

FYI. You also use the internet setup icon to set up your email accounts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast