Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can someone tell me how to make sure that I get the best battery life ... BlackBerry Bold forum

asapp no está en línea Stack level 2

Question best way to get the best battery life of a Bold?

Advertisement

Can someone tell me how to make sure that I get the best battery life from my Bold once I get it on Nov. 4th? Do I charge it fully and then drain it fully to recharge again? or what? Thanks

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Let it die out at first when you get it and then charge it for 8 hours. Then let it die again. Do this time after time for about a week or so. Or how ever long it takes for you to get about 5 hours talk time. Which means basically once you can get a full days worth of browsing and texting and calling without the phone dying. (That's what was recommended that we inform customers to do with their devices here at at&t)

Hope that answers your question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    If your not obsessed with internet speed, you can put it on 2G only rather then 3G
    3G is a battery monster.
    Turning off you GPS position aid is suppose to help, but I personally have tried that one

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually heard that letting the battery completely die is not good or Li-Ion batteries, as it damages or 'kills' the cells. However, letting it die completely and then charging it up completely will allow the battery meter to be better calibrated. I would say let it die and then charge it up initially, then try to avoid it in the future.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier87 View Post
    I actually heard that letting the battery completely die is not good or Li-Ion batteries, as it damages or 'kills' the cells. However, letting it die completely and then charging it up completely will allow the battery meter to be better calibrated. I would say let it die and then charge it up initially, then try to avoid it in the future.
    agreed but dont actually avoid it. Perform the calibration about once per two months. Keeps the battery alive longer !

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    good point

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    att bold does not allow you to put it on 2g it sets the 2g and 3g automatically.. but seems to work out good for me
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

Letting your battery die was true for the old cellphone batterys,
    I don't think you need to do that with newer smart phones
    I hear from many people, that, that problem has been long solved

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post

Letting your battery die was true for the old cellphone batterys,
    I don't think you need to do that with newer smart phones
    I hear from many people, that, that problem has been long solved
    Worse than that - deliberately draining/cycling lithium batteries just eats into their total service life. Not Good. The only reason you need to cycle a lithium cell is if you think the device it's in has lost the plot in terms of knowing how much charge there is left. Cycling recalibrates the battery meter most times.

Read and learn... I think the below is *good* information...

http://batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

aditwar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255f6fd1
    I got my bold last week. Got the problem at the first 3 days. Batt always drain after lunch time. Finally I decide to set on 2G, no issues for me since Indonesian SIM still using 32k. After that I can running my bold start at 8 am up to 4 pm include bluetooth headset. I got my mobile charger for back up and for sure another charger laying down on my office table.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    ^ wat os are you running?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    There is nothing you can do when you get your device that will greatly increase or decrease your battery capacity. They use L-Ion chemistry and do not like to be drained to near dead. Just stick it on the charger every night before you go to bed and that is it.

How good of coverage you have is WAY MORE important in how long your battery lasts. If you have poor coverage your 3G and battery performance will be poor.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I love greg...

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    att bold does not allow you to put it on 2g it sets the 2g and 3g automatically.. but seems to work out good for me
    I am running the latest AT&T OS on my Rogers Bold and if you go to Options, Mobile Network and scroll down to the Network Mode, it allows me to select if I want 2G, 3G or both. The AT&T phones do not do this? I would think this is a software thing and if I am running the latest AT&T software their new Bold would do the same.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    They that would mean its cooked in the ROM of the phone which sucks for ATT users ... but then again as NICKY mentioned it works just fine without that setting with ATT and i guess thats why the wait was so long

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast