Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not sure if this has been discussed or not. I have the 9700, but I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34

Best OS 5 for Rogers Bold 9000

Advertisement

Not sure if this has been discussed or not. I have the 9700, but I have a friend that is getting the 9000 (white, if that makes a difference) from Rogers. Seeing as Rogers doesn't seem to care about keeping up with new OSs for their "older" phones, I was wondering some opinions on the best release (leaked or official) of OS 5 to use with the white Rogers 9000.

Let the debate COMMENCE! lol
    Go Bold or Go Home!

msedaros no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B1341
    I'm running .464 from Bell mon a Rogers Bold, works great no issues so far and its been about 2 - 3 weeks. theres a bit of a memory leak, but it's less so than the previous OS i had which was the official Rogers release. In fact its so much better on that front that the leak is hard do notice because even at its lowest point it hasnt gotten anywhere near as bad as it was before I switched. With around 15 apps installed the lowest I've been is 14mb. I had .411 before, and Like this one a lot more.

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Just installed this on her phone. Can't seem to get the phone lock function to work. Holding * to lock it puts it into standby. Is this normal????
    Go Bold or Go Home!

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    On the new 5.0 OS' you press and hold A for key lock and the mute button (top of phone) to unlock.
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I have .509 on my bold with Rogers. Basically no memory leak from the OS itself (but has leaked with some apps which Ive unloaded). Ultra stable OS. I have the latest leak downloaded to my PC but have yet to try it out (.564 or something like that). Hope this helps. Really anything .411 and up is good. I have both the black and the white bold and there is no difference.
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

msedaros no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B1341
    I will retract my earlier statement to say that I agree that .509 is the way to go, I did so a few days ago and its great.

gnatterbugg no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you download the 5.0 OS for bold 9000. ???

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Google search for the 5.0 u r looking for or watch for leaks to come out and dowNload them (save them). Then, using BBSAK, you can change them back and forht until you find the one you like best...just a hint though...get them when they come out as the leaks dry up quick!

cabirder no está en línea Stack level 1
    I updated to .509 and seem to have lost the media file access - have folders but nothing happens when I select them - system just freezes any ideas?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've read of a couple bugs with that release, but none like you're describing. I would try another reinstall of the OS to see if it clears up the problem. If not, there are newer releases for the Bold I believe that you could try. Check the thread here for the latest betas.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I'm using 5.0.0.592 with no issues...

cabirder no está en línea Stack level 1
    Reinstalled .509 from Wind Hellas as suggested. Everything now is working but had to reinstall all apps as it seemed to wipe everything. Also on BES but that reactivated automatically and now everything seems fine, emails being received from desktop and calendar being updated. Gave me a chance to eliminate certain apps that I never used. Seems quicker overall - have had to do a battery pull a couple of times to get started again as it seems to hang periodically. Thanks

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    .509 is the way to go. The lock function is different but otherwise it is great.

Had it freeze once when I first downloaded it but it has been working perfectly after that.

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    how is the lock function different?

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Lock holding the A key, unlock with mute button on top of phone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast