View Poll Results: What Is YOUR Favorite Bold OS?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Version .194

12 13.33%
  • Version .190

33 36.67%
  • Version .185

22 24.44%
  • Version .167

23 25.56%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

By now the .217 is the best. File Free: 54MB after battery pull File Free: ... BlackBerry Bold forum

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Advertisement

By now the .217 is the best.
    File Free: 54MB after battery pull
    File Free: 46MB after 16 hrs. (Gtalk, Yahoo, MSN, BB Messenger, 2 themes)
    Last edited by xattica; 12-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.

PIN/ID
    GA
    The could be of the OS 5.0

Check out the leaked features:
    • Flag messages and set reminder times on your BlackBerry.
    • View personal contact subfolders and edit contacts! Until now BES used to put all of your contacts into the Contacts application even if they were in different folders.
    • You will be able to view and use contacts that are in public folders and copy them to your local contact list if you have permissions.
    • You will have a file browser to access shared network locations to open, add, or save documents. You will be able to see document information from there such as file type, size, and date.
    • Forward meeting invitations and calendar entries from your BlackBerry.
    • Ability to add, delete, move, or rename personal folders.
    • Ability to view personal distribution lists that you have in your Outlook contacts and send email to them.
    • RIM is working on a solution to make emails that come from your BlackBerry look exactly like they would if they came from Outlook (NICE!)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    So... I finally got .210 installed. That must have been the most painful update I've ever had! Ended up uninstalling DM and all Operating Systems (including the ones from the Curve). Re-installed DM 4.6 (4.7 wasn't recognizing that I had a new update installed -- and yes, I had deleted the vendor.xml file). Re-installed the update and kicked off the update.

Failed once for no reason. Rebooted again and it worked, but the BB came up in normal mode and the install couldn't finish (but the OS was updated). Restored from backup and we're off to the races with .210!

I'll post back how it goes. My main concerns are reduced memory leakage and no weird errors. We'll see how it goes!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just upgraded from 167 to 210 (was having some JavaLoaderError messages on 167 which necessitated the upgrade). Was blown away by how fast the upgrade was - 30 mins beginning to end (vs. 1 hr + on my old Pearl). Everything seems to be working fine. Java error hasn't come back (keeping my fingers croosed), my SMS shortcut seems to work and my call log is updating properly (these were the two main issues I noticed since I got the Java error on 167). Also the browser seems snappier. I have 46.8 mb of free memory after a restart (vs. 23 and change under 167)...we'll see how much that goes down over time (on 167 I would be around 12 by the end of the day). Noticing some hour glasses briefly when I start apps for the first time (particularly the media app) but I'm assuming that will go away over time (noticed the same behavior the first few days on old Pearl OS's).

So far very satisfied w/ 210.
    Last edited by EricScott; 12-29-2008 at 01:53 PM.

PIN/ID
    GA
    .224 is around the corner...

neggie no está en línea Stack level 2
    just installed .210 as well does seems snappier browser seems quicker no issues strong 3g in areas i get it battery life better than .167 only thing windows live search worked fine with .167 but now with .210 the icon and app installs fine but when trying to access it; the app will not launch

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Follow Up

Been running .210 for a couple days now with no issues. Everything seems pretty snappy! I do notice that in general, the Bold free memory fluctuates around a lot. It goes anywhere from 54MB free to 28MB free. What's weird is that it's not always going down. It was at around 28MB free at lunch time and now, three hours later, I'm back up to 43MB. Seems to be cleaning up after itself. Though the trend is downward.

Everything that I've tried has worked great! I'm satisfied. Will probably stay here until there is a compelling reason to switch!

Also, like Archer has commented on, 3G seems much faster on .210 compared to .167.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    .217 is working well for me. .210 was good too. Everything in between was terrible.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678