View Poll Results: What Is YOUR Favorite Bold OS?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Version .194

12 13.33%
  • Version .190

33 36.67%
  • Version .185

22 24.44%
  • Version .167

23 25.56%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by peterthill Just tried the .215. I guess I never downgrade the BB ... BlackBerry Bold forum

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    Just tried the .215. I guess I never downgrade the BB do fast
    After installing the .215 the Berry reboots every 15 minutes. So I went back to the .185 and everything seems to be ok!

Peter
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You should try .210

Everyone seems to love it on here, and so do I.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I completely agree, .210 has not only been flawlessly stable but has also amped up the BB browser (speed wise) slightly.

Italianmasta no está en línea Stack level 1

stupid question

How do I install the new software on my phone first time doing it . thanks

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    You should try .210

Everyone seems to love it on here, and so do I.

I try to DL the .210 but the DL waas cut off after a few seconds. Seems that i have no luck with the .2xx.

Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    I try to DL the .210 but the DL waas cut off after a few seconds. Seems that i have no luck with the .2xx.

Peter
    Try again, it's truly worth it. If you cannot download it from the site you're on. Search Google and try again.

Cheers

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    What exactly is the advantage to .210? I'm using the stock ATT .167 with no real problems. Are there any cosmetic differences, or it simply more stable and faster?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    What exactly is the advantage to .210? I'm using the stock ATT .167 with no real problems. Are there any cosmetic differences, or it simply more stable and faster?
    My Bold AT&T ran on .167 just fine for only three days. Then it began to frequently switch between EDGE & 3G. Since I live in a very strong 3G area and have other smartphones that never default to EDGE, I knew that was an issue. Next up was the little black spinning clock that would pop up in the middle of the display when it was "waiting". Even though it did not stay there for long, in my opinion, there should be no delay with all the memory and faster processor. The next issue that occurred was random shutdowns & restarts at odd times. At that point, and after calling AT&T who said, "oh yes, we are aware of those issues but have no fix", I decided to upgrade.

First I tried.185, it was an improvement but still restarted. .190 got rid of the spinning clock but restarted. At that point, I went to .210.

It's been nine days of very heavy usage and thus far .210 has been perfect. Noticeably faster 3G and it's locked on it. No more EDGE. No spinning clock, everything happens fast. No restarts, and no other issues of any type. Finally my Bold is operating as I would expect of a 3G smartphone. I have several friends locally that have migrated to .210 from .167 and been very happy as well. AT this point, as newer updates are issued, I will remain with .210 as I have no reason to disturb it now that everything works so well.

Cheers...

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If your having problems, its the most stable and reliable. If your not having problems you should probably stay with 167.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    mjwoodO: I agree with Archer6. I experienced the same thing.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Well, downloading .210 as we speak.

I've really not had any issues with .167 except for one random restart (caused by a TCP Stack Error according to the log viewer) and I'm noticing a memory leak. Hoping .210 fixes those. We'll see!

I'll post back when I have more experience with it.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Well, downloading .210 as we speak.

I've really not had any issues with .167 except for one random restart (caused by a TCP Stack Error according to the log viewer) and I'm noticing a memory leak. Hoping .210 fixes those. We'll see!

I'll post back when I have more experience with it.
    I look forward to hearing how this version works out for you.

~ via Bold! ~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I look forward to hearing how this version works out for you.

~ via Bold! ~
    As am I, I had no issues with .125 that shipped with my Bold but I couldn't help myself. The only gripe I have with .210 is that battery life seems to suck HARD. I'm barely making it through the day with light phone/sms use and moderate internet access with strong 3G/Wifi signals. I might try a couple more OS versions before I start thinking that my battery could be to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    As am I, I had no issues with .125 that shipped with my Bold but I couldn't help myself. The only gripe I have with .210 is that battery life seems to suck HARD. I'm barely making it through the day with light phone/sms use and moderate internet access with strong 3G/Wifi signals. I might try a couple more OS versions before I start thinking that my battery could be to blame.
    Very interesting, I wonder what's causing some people to report short battery life with .210? In my case, I really use my Bold constantly throughout the day. It's my main BB, and I don't use a land line, so all my calls are via my Bold. I get great battery life. Since I live in a strong 3G area, I'm always on 3G. Then we have the fact that I have WiFi @ home, work, & Starbucks, thus I'm using that daily. Hmmm, I must remember that I have mine connected to my laptop as I sync it with Outlook which of course charges it, but it's not connected that long. Finally, I use my Bold on .210 from 5am till midnight, I find it hard to believe that I'm lucky. There has to be an explanation. Hmmm....

~ via Bold ~

dacyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been running .210 for some time and didn't notice anything different than the previous.

rapadanz no está en línea Stack level 1

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast