View Poll Results: What Is YOUR Favorite Bold OS?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Version .194

12 13.33%
  • Version .190

33 36.67%
  • Version .185

22 24.44%
  • Version .167

23 25.56%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by fritzdoss For me .210 has been the best. The browser runs as ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    For me .210 has been the best. The browser runs as fast as the other ATT 3G smartphones now. It used to chug along.
    My experience mirrors yours exactly. Finally I'm experiencing the 3G speed I'm used to on the AT&T network, since I went to .210. My Bold is locked onto a 3G signal just perfectly and I'm not about to disturb it at this point.

I'm just curious about all these rapid fire releases... hmmm?

Cheers

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I came from 210 which was solid for me except that my wifi would disable itself and I had to reboot to enable it again. 215 seems to have corrected the wifi so far. It seems about the same speed wise if not a little faster. The browser is as good as 210. I haven't noticed anything else that has changed yet.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Just one day after OS 4.6.0.215 leaked onto the internet, 4.6.0.216 has been leaked. This version fixes many of the problems AT&T customers were having with the random resets and backround image problems!

Media Player error fixed... Browser is quick too.
    Last edited by xattica; 12-23-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    .214 - Thursday
    .215 - Friday
    .216 - Monday

Makes you wonder eh?

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    When it gets to .220 by the end of the week, I'll upgrade.

PIN/ID
    GA
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    When it gets to .220 by the end of the week, I'll upgrade.
    LOL. Some ppl said that .313 is available... But dont think so.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    With all the updates coming out for the Bold, does this mean that the Operating System for the Bold has as many bugs/problems as MS Window OS? Can the same be expected on the 8900?

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on .190 (331) and constantly got 21- 27 mbytes memory left.. Also feel like my phone is really slowing down.. Is that normal? Shall I update to another version maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosH View Post
    I'm on .190 (331) and constantly got 21- 27 mbytes memory left.. Also feel like my phone is really slowing down.. Is that normal? Shall I update to another version maybe?
    Having tried every single update from .167 to .210, I can speak from my experience and say that .210 is very stable, bug free and fast. I would highly encourage you to install this version in your BlackBerry.

Then in the weeks ahead I would expect that at some juncture the rapid fire release of new OS updates would come to a halt. RIM having chosen one that is the best for AT&T here in the US. Once that's done and AT&T posts it on their site you may want to upgrade.

Personally since .210 is serving me well, I'm not going to change anything at this point. Then going forward if the final AT&T version offers a compelling reason for me to upgrade I will. Otherwise I'm sticking with .210 as it just works and that is of utmost importance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    With all the updates coming out for the Bold, does this mean that the Operating System for the Bold has as many bugs/problems as MS Window OS? Can the same be expected on the 8900?
    We have indeed entered new territory here with RIM and this massive rapid fire release of OS updates. Never before have I witnessed such a thing. I find it particularly bothersome, as I would expect them to focus on just one OS version, get it properly sorted out, then release it in it's final version to AT&T for distribution to their user base.

I assign the blame for this not happening on RIM's decision to overload themselves by creating too many new phones all at the same time. Having the knowledge of RIM's plan to continue hardware R&D at this pace going into 2009, I do wonder what will become of the reliability factor.

Can the same be expected of the 8900? Yes I believe so, although I hope that it's not as bad as the Bold or Storm. Perhaps the initial OS shipped with the phone will be improved as a result of the great debacle they have already demonstrated to the public via the poorly executed launches of the Bold and the Storm.

That's my take. I could be wrong, and in fact I truly hope I am...

PIN/ID
    GA
    The .217 could be leaked today. Nice santa gift!

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Just tried the .215. I guess I never downgrade the BB do fast
    After installing the .215 the Berry reboots every 15 minutes. So I went back to the .185 and everything seems to be ok!

Peter

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    ^^^ Wow! I've never experienced a Blackberry doing that. I heard the horror stories about upgrading to .216. I did it anyway and have had nothing but good things to say about it!

Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    ^^^ Wow! I've never experienced a Blackberry doing that. I heard the horror stories about upgrading to .216. I did it anyway and have had nothing but good things to say about it!
    And herein lies the problem. Too much irratic results. Works for some & not for others. RIM is slipping.

sent via BlackBerry

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I just upgraded to 216. 215 started doing the random reboot that others had. So let's see what 216 holds.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast