View Poll Results: What Is YOUR Favorite Bold OS?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Version .194

12 13.33%
  • Version .190

33 36.67%
  • Version .185

22 24.44%
  • Version .167

23 25.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Live search will not work on .210...It worked on .185. Have not noticed much between ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Advertisement

Live search will not work on .210...It worked on .185. Have not noticed much between .185 and .210 ... so I think I'm going back...I miss my live search.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    That mirrors my experience. Live search would not work when I was using .210

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Fixed issues from .201:
    - BBAlpha Sans has returned

Fixed issues from .194:
    - No blue box at the corner of the Clock application
    - No blue rectangle around a configured alarm
    - Browser font is no longer displaying in BBMillbank

Fixed issues from .190:
    - Thumbnails are now displaying in Media browser

Update .210:
    all the fonts are restored, the browser font issue is fixed, and all languages are restored. This build is also very stable so far.
    Last edited by xattica; 12-16-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    Fixed issues from .201:
    - BBAlpha Sans has returned

Fixed issues from .194:
    - No blue box at the corner of the Clock application
    - No blue rectangle around a configured alarm
    - Browser font is no longer displaying in BBMillbank

Fixed issues from .190:
    - Thumbnails are now displaying in Media browser

Update .210:
    all the fonts are restored, the browser font issue is fixed, and all languages are restored. This build is also very stable so far.
    Thanks for the detailed report!

My question, is how long have you been using it?

Does the browser display the threads that we post in here, so that they are easier to read, and what font is used? (not as small?)

PIN/ID
    GA
    Sorry for the delay. I was setting up my second Bold. Pinstack.com looks good as a PC (not on colums) and mobile version. I have been on .210 for 1-2 week now. Very stable. No issues so far. Now you have all the fonts back for the browser. Not too small fonts now. Also Im using font size 10.

Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I was setting up my second Bold. Pinstack.com looks good as a PC (not on colums) and mobile version. I have been on .210 for 1-2 week now. Very stable. No issues so far. Now you have all the fonts back for the browser. Not too small fonts now. Also Im using font size 10.
    Thanks for the response. Mine finally got so bad that I too went to .210 and so far I'm very pleased. A very noticeable improvement, no more auto resets and other smaller issues.

Cheers...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I wish I could contribute more by saying I have used all those O.S's listed but I have remained on .167. From the moment I turned on the phone it has been outstanding in every way. I have never had any errors, it runs fast, multi-tasks great and the battery life is great.

For me "If it's not broken don't fix it" has been my practice. Best BB i've ever had. RIM has come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I wish I could contribute more by saying I have used all those O.S's listed but I have remained on .167. From the moment I turned on the phone it has been outstanding in every way. I have never had any errors, it runs fast, multi-tasks great and the battery life is great.

For me "If it's not broken don't fix it" has been my practice. Best BB i've ever had. RIM has come a long way.
    Smart, very smart!

I'm very happy to hear that your BB is meeting your expectations and operating in a stable and reliable manner. I'm with you, the _only_reason I upgrade any software on my primary BB is if there are issues. Otherwise I leave it alone. There is a lot to be said for reliability and the right setup for each of us. For example, I'm still running the original 4.2.2.xxx on my year old AT&T Curve 8310. It's the other BlackBerrys that I experiment with and can afford to live with down time if there is an issue. But for my main daily BB, I get it setup the way I want and leave it alone....

Cheers...

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm with you archer, typically I'd leave well enough alone but I honestly wasn't satisfied a few aspects of my Bold until I settled on .210.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I'm with you archer, typically I'd leave well enough alone but I honestly wasn't satisfied a few aspects of my Bold until I settled on .210.

Precisely!

What I find rather odd, and a great break from RIM tradition, is the rapid fire release of new OS updates for the Bold. Never in the past years have they released so many updates ... ever! Now suddenly it seems like nearly everyday there are updates being pushed out. This makes me wonder who is in charge, how much time and effort is put into debugging each of these, and when they will stop and settle on one that does the job right.

I too find .210 the best, but what an absurd way for RIM to operate. I would think they would at least spend a week or two, develop a fully mature, stable and reliable OS and be done with it. If nothing else this current flurry of releases indicates to me that something is wrong somewhere.

Not the type of reassuring feeling that one would get from having a seamless, good experience with the device right out of the box. A small bug here or there is one thing, but to have constant resets, connectivity issues etc., is unacceptable.

RIM.... lost it's way?
    Continually shuffling priorities?
    Continually putting out fires?
    Overly influenced by the competition?

Questions that make you go.. hmmm?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    You make some good points, I'm sure that many people view the multiple OS releases as a positive sign of continuous growth, but I (like you and I'm sure many others) feel differently. I agree that its very abnormal to see so many updates come down the pipe, its great that .210 is working great for 90% of people I talk to, but why did we need a dozen other refresh updates in the last month to get to this point.

For the sake of quality control and stability I sure hope the updates slow down so that things are justifiably released and actually necessary.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It is crazy to have so many updates. I found .214 and then the next day I saw .215. I just started with 215 last night. Its amazing how these OS can load in 30 min now compared to an hour or more with my previous curve. I view the frequent OS updates as neither bad or good. Its depends on who you ask. I like testing these new updates to see what changes if anything. Either RIM knows about all the OS updates and allows it to push out or they don't know about them and shut down the sites that have the OS updates.

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    It is crazy to have so many updates. I found .214 and then the next day I saw .215. I just started with 215 last night. Its amazing how these OS can load in 30 min now compared to an hour or more with my previous curve. I view the frequent OS updates as neither bad or good. Its depends on who you ask. I like testing these new updates to see what changes if anything. Either RIM knows about all the OS updates and allows it to push out or they don't know about them and shut down the sites that have the OS updates.
    So you upgraded from what_______ to .215, and how do you like it.

What's new and improved?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    GA
    .215 is on the wild??? Any difference between .214 WOW, just 30 hrs from the .214.
    Last edited by xattica; 12-20-2008 at 08:46 PM.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    For me .210 has been the best. The browser runs as fast as the other ATT 3G smartphones now. It used to chug along.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast