i've been searching the forum and i couldn't come across this,and i was wondering if ... BlackBerry Bold forum

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

beejive 2.0 on bold 9000

Advertisement

i've been searching the forum and i couldn't come across this,and i was wondering if anyone could help me. I already have the 1.1 version of the jive talk on my berry. It says there is an upgrade but when i went to the link, there's no automatic upgrade. It shows a page, telling me to pay for an upgrade? I purchased a license that can transfer and upgrade for "free." Do i now have to pay for a upgrade?
    Sorry i've been searching the forum for an hour and couldn't find anything.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think you do but not sure. See if you can contact their customer support and ask. I've used BeeJive for years and never paid for an upgrade.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It is quite common for developers to offer small upgrades, for example 1.1 to 1.5 for free, but major upgrades from 1.x to 2.0 for a fee, even for previous users. Often times the upgrade is cheaper for previous users than for first time users buying the latest release. Not sure if beejive offered that or not.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I agree that that is fairly common going to a major release change. I have 2.0.2 running and I don't remember paying for an upgrade but maybe I paid for it and just forgot. Is it possible that BeeJive is one of those with 2 licenses? One for your device and one, a little more at the outset, for all future upgrades and devices? Going to look.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I agree that that is fairly common going to a major release change. I have 2.0.2 running and I don't remember paying for an upgrade but maybe I paid for it and just forgot. Is it possible that BeeJive is one of those with 2 licenses? One for your device and one, a little more at the outset, for all future upgrades and devices? Going to look.
    I guess not - it's only $10.

c2k
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i got a email back from support saying i don't have to pay for it. But they still haven't sent me a link back for the direct download.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try installing the trial of the new version and registering it with your key for your previous version. That works with some apps.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

c2k
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i was thinking the same thing azstar, i wanted to install the trial version. However, when i was trying to on my bb, the page where it tells me to select my os system, there is no scroll down to select the version. I can select the model, but it won't let me select the os system. I can do it on my comp, but i don't have the cable at the moment. Plus i feel safer downloading ota.

c2k
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    alright i found the cable and downloaded the trial version on the phone except it shows "error starting beejiveim:class 'com.beejive.jivetalk.bbchatstore$chatentry'multip ly defined."

Is anyone familiar with this? ...and still no reply back from support or info...

c2k
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    would i have to un register the old jive talk version 1, and then the version 2 would let me in?

c2k
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i un registered the old jive then deleted the app, then added the new version 2 jive. Then registered and auto configured. works now, all free.
    no thanks to the morons at support jive. I did this all by my self.