Hi - well, Santa bought me a Bold and I immediately became the most anti-social ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Bedside Mode & Screen Save

Advertisement

Hi - well, Santa bought me a Bold and I immediately became the most anti-social person this Christmas as far as my family were concerned whilst I ploughed through this website for tips/answers and the 280 page user guide.

Two things (well three actually) that are bugging me that I just can't seem to find solutions for:-

1) Bedside mode - this is a fab feature for turning everything off (I've disabled radio) apart from the dim clock (saves need for a travel alarm). However, have noticed the clock won't stay on unless it's charging.

Anyway around this or does it drain the battery too much hence why it powers down ?

2) Talking of powering down - the screen goes black too quickly for my liking - any way of extending the time before it goes black ?

As for the third one - I tread carefully with this one as have seen it discussed elsewhere on this site and don't think there's a solution (apart from one featuring underwear !) but will ask again anyway in case there are any new thoughts
    - the little green LED flashing light - any way that can be turned off even when the phone's on - drives me mad and I end up turning the BB face-down.

Thanks in advance.

Great site BTW

SM

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Nope, yup and yup

1: Clock will go off unless plugged in!
    2: Goto Options Screen/Keyboard and set your dim time in there.
    3: Flashing led is in the same section of Screen/Keyboard

By the way. Welcome to the stacks!! A great place to learn and share.... Just watch out for Ranxoren... He is grumpy!! ;-)

P.S. User Manual? I thought that was just padding to keep things from rattling in the box!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    To add to that point -- the flashing green / red light is the "Coverage Indicator" in the Screen / Keyboard section. Turning it off will disable it.

But do note. It may start blinking if you receive a message, missed call, or anything else as it can be set to alert in the Profiles.

Good luck and welcome! Lots of great answers here!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Cheers Guys

Slightly embarrassing to discover these two things were so easy to rectify (shouldn't have admitted to spending hours trying to find the solutions - although have learnt stacks whilst searching around here).

Shame to hear the clock can't stay on unless plugged in - would be so useful if so. Just need to remember to take power lead and be near a plug whenever I want to use it then.

I can see this is going to take over my life ....

SM

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it has taken over mine!

It has

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Greetings snowmonkey, and Welcome to PinStack !

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonkey View Post
    Slightly embarrassing to discover these two things were so easy to rectify.
    No worries, just keep asking questions we need the practice...

Enjoy your new BlackBerry !

Cheers
    Archer6

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    theres a cool looking dock you can buy, you sit your blackberry bold in it, connect the dock to the wall, and it will charge and display the clock. there are no cable to connect the blackberry to. it just sits in the dock and charges!