Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use wifi on my 8220 Pearl without a sim card in it I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

I use wifi on my 8220 Pearl without a sim card in it I have my browser configured to Hotspot Browser and Network settings to wifi only. I can browse the web and use apps that support wifi, like Pandora, Pinstack, Socialscope, Berryweather etc.. Wifi is my friend

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The only apps that worked were Opera Mini and the BB browser. Nothing else worked.
    Some apps don't support a wi-fi connection and simply won't work. I know almost every one on my device is able to use my wi-fi connection, but I do have a few that are BIS/BES only.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

When I first started this thread, I could not connect to the internet by using the Blackberry or Hot Spot browser over Wi-Fi while the SIM card was inserted into the device. I could connect with Opera Mini, but not with the BB browser. However, since then I have discovered that I can connect with the BlackBerry browser thru Wi-Fi even with the SIM installed and the phone logged in to the Tmo network. I don't know if I just didn't understand what I was doing at the time, or if my recent OS upgrade changed things . . .

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Shouldn't have made a difference what OS you used but who knows? As I think I've said previously, I've done it (wi-fi connection only) for quite some time with my 8120 (no data plan) and never even thought about removing the SIM. Glad you got it working tho - having to remove the SIM to do it would be lots of xtra trouble.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-16-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12