I have not searched for this topic because of the Bold is so new, but ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

BBSmart Alarm Pro not working on the BOLD

Advertisement

I have not searched for this topic because of the Bold is so new, but here it is my issue. I have installed the app on my Bold, because I had it before on my Curve.
    Once I have installed it I get this error message when trying to access it.
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried installing it from the DM also.
    I have done several battery pulls and soft resets.
    I have emailed the support team from BBsmart also, but they have not gotten back to me as of yet. I emailed them last night, but figured I can come to the most knowledgeable Stackers for a resolution for my issue.

I appreciate all the comments and assistance from everyone....

Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 11-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    It doesn't yet work - I've talked with the guys at BBSmart and they are looking to release it soon.

They were waiting on the Bold to be released in the states, noting that the majority of their customer base was in the US, and that they were waiting for a stable OS. I would expect it (and I'm hoping for it too) sometime really soon.

They know we want it and now it's in the states officially with a working OS...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Thank you for the information "jscottbarnes"... I am trying to patiently wait for it...
    The standard alarm is not getting it for me!!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    You bet...
    Yeah, I don't like it either..

Do a search for MyAlarm here on the stacks... it works on the Bold and allows u to set up several different daily alarms... (it's not AlarmsPro, but it's good as a buffer)

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

ChiefT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3C14
    Got this from Tech Support!!

BBSmart Alarms Pro is not currently compatible with OS 4.6.

We do intend to release an upgrade to BBSmart Alarms Pro to make it compatible with OS 4.6, however I cannot provide an ETA at present. If you have already purchased the software you will be automatically notified by email when the update is released.
    ChiefT

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise, Achieve!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefT View Post
    Got this from Tech Support!!

BBSmart Alarms Pro is not currently compatible with OS 4.6.

We do intend to release an upgrade to BBSmart Alarms Pro to make it compatible with OS 4.6, however I cannot provide an ETA at present. If you have already purchased the software you will be automatically notified by email when the update is released.
    I got this email from them too! I received it about an hour ago...... Dayum and I like it too....