Hello all, First post on Pinstack, long time BB user. Will never switch from any ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mikrosoft no está en línea Stack level 1

BBM 'Received' Problem

Advertisement

Hello all,

First post on Pinstack, long time BB user. Will never switch from any BB.

I just had a quick question about the messenger. For some reason, for only one of my contacts, I cannot see if she has Received the message. It simply stays at 'D'. I tried deleting the contact, rebooting my BB, but no luck.

Has this happened to anyone else?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    D means that it has been received. D = "delivered". R means that it's been read. i have noticed that sometimes it doesn't switch from D to R after reading, not sure why.

mikrosoft no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ya its strange. I can have a full convo with the person and it will stay at 'D'. All my other contacts will switch to R once they've read the message.. Its kind of frustrating....

BenTrovato no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had that same issue as well.. Had both of us delete and re-add the contact, worked like a charm.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    I found this out the hard way on my first BB's a few years ago. If you or one of your contacts changes devices and does not use DM Device Switcher or doesn't restore from a backup, Messenger contacts will not go thru properly. You must also report the new PIN # to the carrier thru the BIS site (or a phone call) so that the carrier makes the PIN switch for RIM, as well. That is why it is so important when getting a new BB to use the Device Switcher and then be certain to get the new PIN# into the system and resend service books. If you change devices and register the device, and even resend service books - you will still get email but unless you change the PIN in your BIS server BB Messages will not be sent or arrive properly. That's what makes the PIN# so different and device specific - and soooo important.