Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

where do i save the Os? do i have to unzip or whatever? will it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jr9384 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

where do i save the Os? do i have to unzip or whatever? will it auto appear in my desktop manager? lastly, will this Os or whatever take any affect on my BB?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The OS will be saved in my computer/your primary drive (mine is C)/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files. You can go there now by clicking this sequence and see if it is already there. Then you will not have to download it. It will have no effect on your BB. It will be the same as what you have so DM will detect it the same. Only his BB will be effected because he has a higher OS installed on his BB. That's why it is considered a downgrade for his/hers.

If he already has some applications loaded on his BB OS and the OS downgrade will not affect it, it will have the box checked already and it will say none. That means that it will automatically transfer over to the new OS. Forgot to add that. Un checking a box will remove it from the transfer.

i get all the way to research in motion, my options are "apploader, BBBI driver, Modem drivers, RIMdeviceDriver, and USB drviers"

i checked the apploder one, since thats the closet thing to what you said and it doesnt have anything about OS...just random little files called Loaderred etc... and one thing called loader.exe

but thats not it right? so when i dl this file do i save as? or will it auto save there?

You don't have a shared file because the OS is not downloaded. So, you will need to download the OS and then shared will be there. It will save it there automatically.

wait... what am i dl-ing form this site... its a pull up menu.... what will i click on to download?

If you have a saved OS and you go to apploader, you can use the loader.exe to load it to your BB, just like DM, but since you are new at this, I would just stick with DM for now

This is the Blackberry offical site and this is for Rogers, so you go to the drop down menu and choose the Bold (9000) and it will bring up the current OS which is .282. Download that OS.

so i dont need to dl nothing? just attach my friends bb and just sync it or something?..... could you find your old post of instructions and quote it here please... so i cna wake up tomorrow and do this... i appreciate everything you've done

Yes, you do need to download the OS from Rogers so the DM will detect it. Here's my prior post:

"Ok good.. I want you to download the Rogers OS version that you have .282 from HERE to your PC. You need this so that the DM will detect the OS off of your PC. Once that is downloaded, then you open DM plug in your friends BB with the USB cable and it will detect his pin and BB. Once it detects it, then you click on application loader, it will bring up a list with the BB version and all that you can install. You will see that the OS version will say downgrade. That would be correct. Then scroll down the list to BB messenger and make sure the box is checked and check all boxes that you want to include on the OS. It will say install. When your finished with that, then click next. It will tell you all the things that it will load. Make sure you see bbm on the list Then click finish.

Do not unplug that BB until it says successful install. It will take a long time especially during the device initialization so don't freak out. Just go do something else for awhile and check back. Once it is complete and the BB turns back on, you will see 4.6.282 in your about page and the bbm icon should be in your app screen. That's it.. So, download that OS now so you have it ready. Keep it on your PC because you have the same OS."

i feel like an idiot to ask, but ok, im click on the BB Bold menu and then these new menu comes up.... i have no idea what im suppose to download form it... theres like 4 different things...

it is the first one.. choose this one and hit download software..

Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.477 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.477
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.6.0.282
    • Software Platform: 4.0.0.235
    • File name: 9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel477_PL4.0.0.235_A4.6.0.282_Roger s_Wireless_Inc.exe
    • File size: 96.78MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

do i run or save it?

I save it, just incase I ever need it again and then after it downloads I run it.

and what is gunna happen once i run it (after ive saved it to my desktop)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast