Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

so apparently he said he downloaded it and it doesnt work, im trying to figure ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jr9384 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

so apparently he said he downloaded it and it doesnt work, im trying to figure out where it went or something, but thats the message i got... any idea?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You gave him the .jad link? Does it show up in the application list? He needs to check under options/applications/ad-on.. Darn, I was hoping we had it this time Did it show him to download and did it say download sucessful? Did it say replace this bbm with this bbm?

so i dont get it, it had to download something...

I'm wondering if his phone was owned by someone who had used this as a work phone and had it connected as BES, where the company can control what can be used on it. they may have blocked bbm.

yea, i had he go to the options/ app/ ad-on and nothing is there.... this thing is trippin me out....

Maybe check this: BES IT Policy

It's wise to note that with BES comes with the Security IT Policy feature. This is an OTA policy which can restrict your access from these services totally or selectively and can differ by handheld within the company. Ask a trusted admin about your Company's Blackberry IT Policy. If the policy is being implemented on your handheld you can find it by going to 'Options' / 'Security' and you will see 'IT Policy Name', 'last update etc'.

so what are we looking at now?

Check my prior post and see if the phone has an IT Policy. If not, then I would advice doing the friends desktop manager and downgrading to the official Rogers release for now.

cant find this It policy name thing you mentioned... not under option- security options

Ok, when you get to your friends PC let me know.

ok so now we're at the downgrade portion of this... just want to say thanks thus far man, you've done ridiculous amount of work and help, but can you tell me what im going to expect when i attach his blackberry to my desktop manager.. where to go, what to do sort of this... please?

well we'll be doing this tomorrow during the morning.... in approx. 10 hours

Oh, your the friend with the PC? lol I'll give you the directions if I'm not around. First do you have the rogers OS installed on your PC and what DM version is on there? Do you have Windows Xp?

Im the guy with teh PC lol, the working bold, my friend is the one that has the messed up random one lol, i have windows Xp, Desktop Manager v4.6 (thats all it says at the bottom left corner, if i gotti wrong tell me where to find it), and not sure whats this rogers OS buisness you speak of.... :P

Ok good.. I want you to download the Rogers OS version that you have .282 from HERE to your PC. You need this so that the DM will detect the OS off of your PC. Once that is downloaded, then you open DM plug in your friends BB with the USB cable and it will detect his pin and BB. Once it detects it, then you click on application loader, it will bring up a list with the BB version and all that you can install. You will see that the OS version will say downgrade. That would be correct. Then scroll down the list to BB messenger and make sure the box is checked and check all boxes that you want to include on the OS. It will say install. When your finished with that, then click next. It will tell you all the things that it will load. Make sure you see bbm on the list Then click finish.

Do not unplug that BB until it says successful install. It will take a long time especially during the device initialization so don't freak out. Just go do something else for awhile and check back. Once it is complete and the BB turns back on, you will see 4.6.282 in your about page and the bbm icon should be in your app screen. That's it.. So, download that OS now so you have it ready. Keep it on your PC because you have the same OS.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast