Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Did you read the link that I provided? It shows another way to try to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Did you read the link that I provided? It shows another way to try to connect using DM, by going to app loader first and then reboot your BB and while it is rebooting plug it in and try to detect pin and then enter password. Worth a try if you didn't have any luck using the apploader folder method.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So now we're following instructions for how to load the OS when DM won't detect the device?

That's correct. Using this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-100854/. I have done it multiple times myself and it has always worked on the first try. Although I was not protecting it with a password. I thought maybe the prior owner had an it policy blocking it.

This should definitely work. jr, are you following these steps exactly?

Let's try the exact same thing, but as pdxmatts suggested, don't even bother with Desktop Manager. In the folder where your OS resides (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader), there is an executable that cuts to the chase and simply runs the Application Loader process without having to go through DM. It's got a little phone icon next to it. Pull the battery from your device and double click on the executable.

This time, when it asks you for the password, don't enter one and see what happens.

Have we lost you JR?

jr9384 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey sorry, i made my only little thing/ adjsutment and it finally worked, i uninstalled my DM v4.6 and downlaoded DM v5.0 form the blackberry site, i think attached the wiped out bb and i managed to upload everything including BBM!! and now im in the process or unistalling that 5.0 and when i get home, use my CD to install the 4.6 again.... i really appreciate everything you guys have done, youve done so much more then i expected and i prolly wouldnt have gotten half this far with you guys..... great work!

I am so glad that you got it working again. One thing about Blackberries, you can usually bring them back from the dead..lol.. Now you have had a crash course, you'll be an expert on upgrading an OS

Congrats, jr!

Glad your back in business!

See ya around the stacks
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good work on this one Debi and Roger. I knew when I saw you two together on this the results would be good.

Debi did all the work. I was just here for moral support.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Great job Debi and Roger, been following this one since started, way to go guys.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

Thank you! I would say it was good teamwork from Cherri and Cowboy about the Mac, Ealvnv for the ota bbm links, Rogro for OS and moral support, Lavagirl for her great JL Commander thread and even jr9384 for using his PC to help his friend.. I'd say Everybody helped That's how Pinstack Rolls..

jr9384 no está en línea Stack level 2
    once again, freaking amazing, couldnt be happier, ill definitely be around checking in on threads and stuff! by the way, any good apps i should get for my blackberry bold? themes or games or anything?

You can download alot of apps from this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog322.html and you should download

Blackberry App World http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/download_blackberry_app_world_live_living_color-105612/

OTA means over the air direct from your BB and web means you download and unzip and add by app loader in your DM

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast