Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by raton I'm very PO'd about this change still. What's the point of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm very PO'd about this change still. What's the point of having this then? I pity RIM
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    You sure do hold a grudge, dont ya, Mighty Mouse? j/k
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I'm still having issues with this. My friend in BC was sending me pics once and awhile and she was on the previous version of BBM and I'm on 5.0 and no issues - I'd just accept the pic and it's done. However, she's upgraded to BBM 5.0 and we now have to accept the pic and then the transfer takes forever, or doesn't complete at all. BS. WTF was RIM thinking releasing this if there is going to be so many issues??? This bug really should have been worked out before it was released.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Java I would strongly suggest you revert back to old version of bbm. I only send my girl pics via mms. I used to send her quick pics as I snapped them with the old bbm. This is the worst bbm version there is I agree 100000000000000% but what can we do . I personally would've just added the damn avatar option/smileys/new nice interphase but would've totally left the damn media transferring the hell alone. They messed it all up. If i wanted my friends to download a file i would've sent the damn pics/songs/etc via msn messenger. Idiots!!!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think I'm in agreement with everyone here. I'm putting 4.7 back on. File transfer is just too damn slow. 3 min to get a f@+-ing 18sec VN. Please.

Mike99PA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FBE9A8
    I AGREE I Hate This change. Sending pictures with BBM 5.0 is horrible - Get a fix RIM

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^you're preaching to the choir bro. You're absolutely right about its so called upgrade. Worst decision and route RIM could have made for its messenger. I liked that feature because it separated them from all the other messenger services out there but instead they're just following everyone else's horrible steps

rafaelmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa5515
    the only benefit is longer vn and bigger file transfers the truth they should just eliminate the accept button and just send if the person on your bbm is sending you **** you dont want get them off your bbm to begin with

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    Don't worry guys. My friend is a tmo manager and has had the demo 9700 on him since Friday. Today he mentioned the "accept or decline" is no more on bbm 5.0 running os 5.0. I was very happy to hear this because that **** was annoying. I've been using mms to send pics to friends that have bbm because of this.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by louisiii View Post
    Don't worry guys. My friend is a tmo manager and has had the demo 9700 on him since Friday. Today he mentioned the "accept or decline" is no more on bbm 5.0 running os 5.0. I was very happy to hear this because that **** was annoying. I've been using mms to send pics to friends that have bbm because of this.
    I hope you're right. But wouldn't it make more sense to release the OS with the damn bbmessenger? It just pisses me off they keep doing this sort of crap. They release a device one month two months later another one with the most recent OS and then leave the other one aside as if it were an ancient item. I just don't get it. If you have the damn OS available release it for all devices that are considered capable of handling it and not just for the new device being released just so that it'll look better than the older device. It's just pathetic. (Mad face)
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/938; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by louisiii View Post
    is he sure about that? im running OS 5.0.0.314 and the newest version of BBM and the accept or decline thing is still there. its only not there if the person im receiving the picture from is running an older version of BBM (4.7 and below). in any case, i have no problem with that feature. i dont mind the extra wait to see a picture or receive a file and i have plenty of space on my media card.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    yea, i noticed that when the other BB is running an older version of BBM the file transfer is instant. I went back too 4.7 on my Bold but then i kept getting a "contact is busy" on some of my contacts. went back to .33 and that issue went away, lose,lose for me. i like the look, much easier to read and it looks like it belongs on a top end device, but they need to get rid of that accept/decline. like one of the previous post said, its not like your going to decline something from one of your contacts, and iin the old version you had the option to view and THEN save. please fix this RIM.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    yea, i noticed that when the other BB is running an older version of BBM the file transfer is instant. I went back too 4.7 on my Bold but then i kept getting a "contact is busy" on some of my contacts. went back to .33 and that issue went away, lose,lose for me. i like the look, much easier to read and it looks like it belongs on a top end device, but they need to get rid of that accept/decline. like one of the previous post said, its not like your going to decline something from one of your contacts, and iin the old version you had the option to view and THEN save. please fix this RIM.
    Amen to that.

PIN/ID
    24aa5515
    when is the next upgrade 5.0.0.33 needs to be fixed

PIN/ID
    24aa5515
    there are new bbms out in the wild but they dont seem to have fixed the problem i ahvent tried any out yet

PIN/ID
    Apple
    File transfers onthe betas are much, much faster. If your on wifi its almost instant. i'm on .54.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12