Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Overall, I love BBM 5.0. But one thing that bugs me is that when I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

BBM 5.0 sending photos

Advertisement

Overall, I love BBM 5.0. But one thing that bugs me is that when I send a photo to a contact, they have to accept it, and if they aren't logged on at that time, it, it expires and I have to resend it. I like being able to send pics to my partner when she can't accept the photo. Is there a way to authorize pics so that they automatically get downloaded like they did in older versions?

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    no there isnt

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This was never an option on older versions that I was aware off. I always had to accept the incoming pic.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I used to be able to decline pictures on older BBM versions. I would get the option to decline the file transfer (pictures included) if I didn't want to accept them.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    The older versions would not expire. The bbm 5.0 has some sort of time limit and then the photo expires. I don't like it either but I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

I'm not sure how we did it, but before I upgraded, I could just send a pic via BBM and it would automatically go to her phone...no acceptance needed. She had the option to either view or download. It was very handy! I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that our phones were connected via bluetooth. That might make sense for when we were close by, but not for when she was a distance away.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    I'm not sure how we did it, but before I upgraded, I could just send a pic via BBM and it would automatically go to her phone...no acceptance needed. She had the option to either view or download. It was very handy! I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that our phones were connected via bluetooth. That might make sense for when we were close by, but not for when she was a distance away.
    i think the old BBM used to store pictures on RIMs server which was the reason why the pictures were always resized and didnt have an expiration. with BBM 5.0 youre actually sending directly to the other person which is why you can send larger files and why theres an expiration.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ I think that makes sense. I did like the old BBM much much more than this 5.0. I thought they would iron out this issue with the official release and all but I guess I was wrong. Who cares about smileys and stupid avatars...I wanna be able to send files without having to first send and then for the other party to download it...They tried to make it too much like msn messenger and that's why I resorted to it when I used to send a pic to my friends whom all had bb's but oh well can't win 'em all i guess .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I can't send pics or mp3s :-/ makes me want to get a 9700 just for the bbm to work correctly.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    bbm works just fine, try reinstalling.

i too hate the new picture send issues. the timing out is annoying, and i don't want to have to save every picture that is sent to me on my sd card just to view the picture, which only ends up working half the time anyway. it's terrible. i've been mmsing pics since 5.0 just because of this issue.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ummm... Why not just email the pictures?

I could but she doesn't check her email often. Sending by BBM is an easier way for us.

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have you tried MMS?

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I have been a little confused by all the irritation over this change. Yes, i do think that having to actually save the picture to my device/media card sucks, but i agree... why not just send it in an mms? there is no downloading, and you dont have to save the picture to your device to view it. I dont understand why people are so frustrated by this?.....But, on a good note, maybe Rim has heard all of this discussion and will be working to improve this so everyone is happy.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm very PO'd about this change still. What's the point of having this then? I pity RIM
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast