Installed BB Messenger 5.0 beta on my Bold and noticed that when others PING me ... BlackBerry Bold forum

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb

Question BBM 5.0 on Bold. Do your PINGs Vibrate?

Advertisement

Installed BB Messenger 5.0 beta on my Bold and noticed that when others PING me my phone does not vibrate. When I ping others their phones do not vibrate.

If I add myself as a BBM contact (add my pin) the phone vibrates when I PING myself.

Verified the settings under Options > Vibrate When Receiving a Ping = Checked.

Even checked my phone ringer profile and set it to vibrate on receipt of a blackberry messenger alert.

Is there anyone else experiencing this with the new BBM 5.0 Is there a fix or just wait for the final release? Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've not experienced this but have other intermittent problems with 5.0. For example getting a BBM but not being able to open the dialogue so that I could answer - reboot fixed. Also failing to complete receipt or send of some msgs within the same dialogue, also intermittent. Eventually (I think) all the msgs made it but one I sent on Sunday didn't show read until Monday afternoon.

BBM 5.0 has some issues for sure.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Yep... I've been getting PING'ed alot lately...

PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    Thanks for your responses jblackfish and impak875. I will just choke it to beta problems with BBM 5.0

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I have bbm 4.6, and I have never gotten a vibe when I get a ping. I just figured I didn't have it set right, but after reading this thread, I checked, and everything is set right. But no vibe when a ping is received...hmmmm...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm running the stock BBM on my 8900, and sometimes it vibrates and sometimes it doesn't. I think its just ALL BBMs.

PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    Thanks for your responses chokem and kayhites717.

Another update. When users on BBM 5.0 PING me my phone vibrates and vice versa.

I also know some people who upgraded the BB Messenger on their bolds to 5.0 and have no issues with their phones vibrating when PINGs are received or the other phone vibrating when pings are sent irrespective of the version of BBM or OS of the other phone.

I am on ATT OS 4.6.0.167 (438) I thought about upgrading to OS 5.0 but I do not think I am ready for all the work arounds.

Hopefully the final release of BBM 5.0 will address this intermittent PING issue. Unless it is just something with my phone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    I have bbm 4.6, and I have never gotten a vibe when I get a ping. I just figured I didn't have it set right, but after reading this thread, I checked, and everything is set right. But no vibe when a ping is received...hmmmm...
    I have BBM 5.0 but I missed the 1st couple of vibes when I got pinged - on my 8330 they seem to be real short in duration. Whatever I'm going to get off of 5.0 as soon as I can get the time to do it "safely." It's too buggy for me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Yah, 5.0 is very cool, but this is very buggy. Lots of issues, my little posse and I have been in a state of panic all day because bbm was disppearing/reapparing, contacts going missing, etc. CRAZY!!! There's a lot of stuff that still needs to be worked out for sure.