Can anyone help out with this? Anytime after a reboot, BBM seems to load fine. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

Question BBM 5.0 Freezing upon opening (net_rim_bb_qm_peer is not responding)

Advertisement

Can anyone help out with this?

Anytime after a reboot, BBM seems to load fine. I can see all my conversations in the messages screen. Can open them, can respond, and can receive messages. Once I actually open the BBM icon on my BB Desktop, I can scroll for about 3 seconds, then it freezes up and eventually give me the error message "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_peer(214) is not responding; process terminated". The number at the end changes.

The only way to get it working, is to keep opening the icon, which takes about 3-5 minutes. I have to do this several times as it fails multiple times. Sometimes I have to reboot again and start all over to get it to stay stable.

This has happened with 5.0.0.54, 55, 56, & 57. It has also happened with OS 5.0.0.421 and 5.0.0.423 (and one before it, but can't remember OS #). On a 9700.

PLEASE HELP. Its driving me MAD!

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    So I have gone to the extreme of deleting my entire contact list and have started to rebuild it one contact at a time. While I had no contacts, BBM was running perfectly.

I re-invited all 67 of my contacts. While about 20 of them came back immediately, a reboot did not seem to affect BBM. After the next 19 came in, a reboot has caused the same "Not responding" error if I actually try to open the BBM application.

I can still use BBM by accessing a conversation in the messages list or starting a conversation via the address book.

So I guess one of my contacts is messing up my database? How is this possible??? PLEASE HELP. This must be a bug, but I don't know what to do about it.

The error I get is in the jpg attached. I will do just about anything to figure this out...I just don't want to ask all 67 people to be friends again...
    Attached Images Attached Images

omerw no está en línea Stack level 1
    go to www.blackberry.com/messenger and download the latest version.
    that might help