Can I use BBM here in Canada and communicate with my daughter in Cuba. Is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

BBM

Advertisement

Can I use BBM here in Canada and communicate with my daughter in Cuba. Is there any fee's involved. Or would it be cheaper to get a international text plan for one week. Just deciding the best way to go.

Thanks,

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    As far as I know if you have a data plan all the texting or anything done on BBM is covered.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    if you both have a data plan you will be able to BMM for no extra charge
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does just the email plan count or does it have to be a data plan.......

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    BBM will not work without a data plan.

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Let me ask you what exactly do you me by email plan? I'm not familiar with rogers but you can not receive email without data on verizon. So you must have some sort of data plan. As far as I know att is the only company that will allow you to be able to use a bb without a data plan

gooner1967 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    lol
    What is a data plan?
    BlackBerry8110/4.5.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i did it myself from usa to israel and mexico and other places. as long as u both have data plans (international if u need to have it) it will work
    Tour on 4.7.1.53

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by gooner1967 View Post
    What is a data plan?
    BlackBerry8110/4.5.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123
    it is the blackberry internet and email plan
    Tour on 4.7.1.53

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have talked with people all over the world. As said before as long as you both have plans to support it you are good to go.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    Be prepared for roaming fees on her account for the data used. Unless she has an international data plan on her account. Roaming fees for data can be expensive. Check with her cell provider.

As mentioned, it will work provided both have BB plans. I communicate regularly with my wife when I'm traveling. Since we both have BB plans, we can BBM all we want, no additional cost. I have an international data plan on my BB, so no data roaming fees for me :-)

The only caveat is Cuba must have cell and data service. I haven't been there, so I can't answer that part.

ifeuma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256219c5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Can I use BBM here in Canada and communicate with my daughter in Cuba. Is there any fee's involved. Or would it be cheaper to get a international text plan for one week. Just deciding the best way to go.

Thanks,
    I am going to assume that you will remain in Canada and your daughter will remain in Cuba. In this case there will be no additional charges outside what each of you pay for your data plans in your respective countries.

It's a different story if either of you roam outside these countries. This roaming will attract additional fees for using data outside your country of origin. I hope this clears things up.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ifeuma is right, as long as you stay in your "home country" in terms of your mobile provider your all good.

I've chatted via BBM from Australia to the US on many occasions and it was all included in my plan.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

ROAMing

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post

Thanks,
    If your daughter is ROAMing in Cuba on their network, then you are going to be paying huge to send her messages.

If she has a Price Plan from Cuba with data, then there will be no fee

For those that are asking.

Rogers in Canada has an unlimited email plan. It costs $15 per month and it is basically BIS with no access to the web or BlackBerry Maps. The only thing that works is email and Messaging (MSN, ICQ, AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo!)

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    as long as you both have a data plan your good...The pin messaging is free
    Death to Peace.....War to Last.....RIP
    .................................................. .
    Bluetooth Fix...http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...51#post1120151