The screen turns white and none responsive. I have to reboot to get it going ... BlackBerry Bold forum

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

BB screen dies every few days. Not a happy Bold user

Advertisement

The screen turns white and none responsive. I have to reboot to get it going again.
    It happens every few days. what should I do???? what is it??? I also find that the Bold is much slower for me then the Pearl, and in so many areas I have no connections. Am not the happiest Bold user and contemplating returning it to ATT. should I?

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you're not happy, you should return it.

I've had an 8830 with VZW for about 2 years, and recently also got a company Bold with ATT. Have had absolutely no problems with my Bold and love everything about it. I wish the battery life was as good as my 8830 is, but I'm guessing it takes some extra juice to keep that beautiful display going, and to keep looking for WiFi connections.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Absolutely take it back. It obviously has issues.I have not had one issue whatsoever with mine, and was a longtime Curve user before this. If I may offer a suggestion-take this one back and get a new one. If you get a bold that works correctly, I think you will find that its a great device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Absolutely take it back. It obviously has issues.I have not had one issue whatsoever with mine, and was a longtime Curve user before this. If I may offer a suggestion-take this one back and get a new one. If you get a bold that works correctly, I think you will find that its a great device.
    I couldn't agree more. The Bold is one of the best bb's ever, of course, back to back with the Curve. (I still kept my Curve even though I'm rocking a Bold.) Anyhow, I think you should just exchange it instead of doing a full return. You may be in areas where 3G connectivity isn't all that great and that may be causing the lag.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by shira View Post
    The screen turns white and none responsive. I have to reboot to get it going again.
    It happens every few days. what should I do???? what is it??? I also find that the Bold is much slower for me then the Pearl, and in so many areas I have no connections. Am not the happiest Bold user and contemplating returning it to ATT. should I?
    What OS (operating system) are you running?

shira no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am using V4.6.0.167

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i would say update the os. sounds like you have a memory leak. close all programs too. something on there is draining it.

i find my battery life to be just as good as my old curve once i updated to .210

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ATT version .167 is a known problem. Why on earth it is taking RIM and ATT so long to come out with a newer version is beyond me. I'm running Beta .210 with no issues. Much faster and no white screen of death. Suggest you update to a newer OS. Plenty of posts on this site explaining how to do so. Also, what apps have you loaded? Can you list them. Many apps cause issues so generally I load one app and then test for a day or so to make sure my BB is stable. If not, I remove the app.