My daughter dropped my BB Bold 9700 in a bowl of cereal. It was recovered ... BlackBerry Bold forum

skillet3five3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Problem

Advertisement

My daughter dropped my BB Bold 9700 in a bowl of cereal. It was recovered quickly and everything seems to be working except on thing. When typing I hit the space bar and Nmnmnmnmnm comes up instead of a space, when i hit the lock but the same thing happens. Any suggestions?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    One thing you should do is try to dry it out completely, pull the back off battery out and place in some rice. The rice will absorb the moisture. With milk it's probably going to get sticking. What model do you have? You might have to pull the faceplate. I have operated on a few older models but nothing new.

Welcome to the Stack and I hope you get things working

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oh my gosh! Hope you got it working with @PapaMag's advice..

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    PapaMag's suggestion works great for water immersion, I am not so sure about milk, problem is when the liquid evaporates you are going to be left with Calcium deposits, which may cause some shorting on the circuit boards. It may require some cleaning in. I wish you the best of luck with it.

o0oDarling no está en línea Stack level 1
    new in bb> is it possible to use pin message without blackberry messager? bec. i uninstall bbm from my phone.. thanks!!