Hi All I have had my BB for a long time now and absolutely love ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0

BB MESSENGER -password incorrect

Advertisement

Hi All

I have had my BB for a long time now and absolutely love it!

I have recently started having some issues when having an " invitation request" on the messenger. At the point where i am sent a request and i accept , in brings up one of my email addresses and says password not recognised.

This didnt happen in the past, as well as my BB requests were going to a different email address? how do i change this as i am unable to add new contacts?

I look forward....

Nicky

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    try them go to bbm menu then options like the second one down shud read something like ask for password when adding contacts if its at yes change the options to no and see what happened
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta

PIN/ID
    217D58B0
    hayden- thanks for your response, but its already on "NO"- any other ideas?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    delete and re-add the emails?

or just use pins

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    nnr81 r u on a BES server? Do ur wrk emails get delivered to your phone?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    217D58B0
    i do not believe i am... is there a way i can confirm this for sure... still have the same issue with the password... it seem to apply my password but to a different email address from what it did in the past. te only way i can add new messenger contacts is with updating the contacts details with their pin, and then adding... i look forward to some help.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If your work didn't set your BB up for you, you're likely not going to be on BES. That's more for businesses. Check under Options > Advanced Options > Message Services and see what the default email address is set to. If it's different then the original email address you setup the phone with, then you've added another address and it has become the default. You can change it through this option.

Strange though that it would still ask you for a password when adding new contacts if that option is disabled. Just out of curiosity, do you have a password on the phone itself? As in it locks and you have to type it in to unlock it. Only way I would know to clear the password for BBM, would be to remove the BBM database through DM and reinstall it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if you remove your BBM info through Desktop Manager you might be able to clear the problem up but MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACK UP!!! so that you can restore your contacts.
    in fact do backup's once a week or month, they are WORTH IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    delete and re-add the emails?

or just use pins

I'd have to agree with psi chick. did you get this phone for work or for personal use? I'm guessing it's for personal use, so go to your BIS page.
    go HERE and log in.
    remove the E-mail address from the list of E-mails and then simply re-add them.
    I think this will clear up your issue but it may take the combination of removing BBM through DM and logging into your BIS page and re-adding your E-mail address's

let us know what happens and how it goes!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    217D58B0
    will do.. thanks