Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My bold is not showing when the other user is typing a message. Usually you ... BlackBerry Bold forum

clickmouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076B7F6

bb messenger not showing "user is typing"

Advertisement

My bold is not showing when the other user is typing a message. Usually you will see this along the bottom of the screen.

I am using a bold on the 4.6.0.150 firmware

Is there something I need to adjust to show this?

Thanks

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    On the Bold it is on the top of the screen

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    I've been trying back and forth with a friend just now but I don't see anything at the top when she is typing and she says she doesn't see a "user is typing" message either when I type to her....hmmm weird

hey Ge if you are still around can you add try and send me a message to my bb messenger to see if it will work from bold to bold...she is on a world berry...but really that shouldn't make a difference. I know that when others on a pearl are bb msg'ing me it doesn't show either

here is my PIN if you get the chance 2076b7f6

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    anyone else around that might know what this is not working for me?

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry, I logged off.

How was the problem resolved?

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Anyone?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    huh ? the problem was resolved by me typing a lot of text until it started showing it. then i sent the text and for the next message it picked it up right away

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    this still seems to happen intermittently...and another thing that I notice a lot is after I send people a bbmsg their status will go to "contact is busy" even tho they are not. I think there are bugs here with bbmsgr and some kind of lag

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Hey all. Just wanted to post this since I just had issues with my berry messenger. Firstly, for the Bold, if you look under the name of the person you are talking to, you will be able to see if they are typing a message.

Secondly, I think there are issues with the messenger software on the Bold. I just sent like 4 messages and all of the contacts shows unavailable. Pull battery and it gave me a whack load of Application error. Had to reset twice. Thank god that I am getting a replacement unit from Rogers. Going to see if that will help. Sorry for the long winded post.

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    Krosli,
    I feel the same way. I did a battery pull this morn and got app errors. A friend I was talking with last night said my status went unavailable in the middle of our conversation...hers showed busy to me. We both thought we were ignoring each other but that wasn't the case. LOL

There is a new firmware that came out for the bold yesterday but I'm not sure if I want to try it yet till I hear some good repsones about it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Hey all. Just wanted to post this since I just had issues with my berry messenger. Firstly, for the Bold, if you look under the name of the person you are talking to, you will be able to see if they are typing a message.

Secondly, I think there are issues with the messenger software on the Bold. I just sent like 4 messages and all of the contacts shows unavailable. Pull battery and it gave me a whack load of Application error. Had to reset twice. Thank god that I am getting a replacement unit from Rogers. Going to see if that will help. Sorry for the long winded post.
    hey Krosli the 4 messages and stuff is because you were on the Stock rogers firmware. Update to the latest one and all of this will be old news trust me on this : http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=89474
    Courtesy of KaraBear

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Thanks for the help guys. Will wait for the new Bold and update that one. No point in doing anything to this unit since Rogers has already deemed it defective.

After posting my comments, it happened again. This is the first time that my phone crashes twice in a day.

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    I upgraded to the new rogers firmware 4.6.0.162 and things seem to be better now.
    Last edited by clickmouse; 10-13-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added firmware number

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast