Hi I just got a new bold and transfered my BBM contacts through the wizard. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ahsankamran no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Messenger device change...please help

Advertisement

Hi

I just got a new bold and transfered my BBM contacts through the wizard. They are all there but show a smiley with an x next to it. I went over all of them and did "send pin update also". they are still the same. it changes only when i msg someone. then they reply and their icon turns normal. i have so many contacts so i dont want to start discussions. im worried im not showing on their BB's

pls help

regards

Ahsan

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have no experience with this issue per se but you can always try to resend your service books, do a battery pull/sim card/mem card and/or soft reset by pressing Alt/aA button(shift) and del at the same time. I hope you get this issue resolved. Don't worry you'll get it fixed. People here are very knowledgeable.

GsxRz750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    Yeah, I experienced the same issue when I first upgraded to the Bold. I too used the "Send Pin Update" and it occured with several of my contacts. What I believe the cause of this is that your contacts have not updated your new pin information on their phones. I can't say for certain that this is why though as I haven't physically seen how their phone responded when they received the update.

Maybe if its possible try having one of your contacts present when you send the update and see what their phone does.

Or if all else fails, just do what I did and re-request them as a friend if the problem persists.

Hope this helped, if you need any further assistance just ask, someone on the stacks knows!
    ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I've actually been having the exact same issue since I got my Bold and did the device transfer via the Desktop Manager.

The weird thing is that it continues to happen randomly even after deleting/re-adding them as a contact.

I'm still searching for a fix to this issue, but its nice to know its not as isolated of an issue as I might have thought.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    In my particular case I had heard of this, and it simply gave me one more reason not to use the wizard to switch devices. Having used BlackBerrys long before the switch wizard was available, I'm used to doing it manually, thus I have not experienced that problem.

Good luck to you that have this issue, I will be very interested to learn what the solution is.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The red X means they're not available. The reason that I have had the Pending PIN Updates list is because I had Content Protection enabled and every time you reboot the phone, it thinks you have changed devices.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The red X means they're not available. The reason that I have had the Pending PIN Updates list is because I had Content Protection enabled and every time you reboot the phone, it thinks you have changed devices.
    You might be onto something here, I'm pretty sure that I may have content protection enabled and I reboot my phone daily.

I'll give it a whirl and let you guys know what happens (if anything).

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go to Options>Security>General Options. Scroll down to Content Protection to see if it's enabled. I tested it about a month ago and spent a few hours sending Pending PIN Updates to contacts already on my phone. Everyone was like "What happened to your phone?"

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I dunno, content protection was/is disabled on my Bold and my wifes Pearl and we were still having the issue.

I deleted and re-added her to my contact list (and vise versa) and resent service books on both phones so we'll see what happens.