Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Whatever the hold up is, I just hope when it comes out for T-MO that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

Whatever the hold up is, I just hope when it comes out for T-MO that all the bugs are fixed!!!!

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    BoyGenious seems confident of his sources and it does make sense, unfortunately. I'm gonna give the iPhone 3g a whirl on the dancefloor for a month and see what its like.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    If its indeed true that the Bold is sitting in wearhouses at At&t theres no way the phone has any issues at all. So either reports of the phone being in stock are wrong, or the phone isnt delated because of those issues. I know RIM wouldnt ship phones if they had the problems engadget is reporting. Not to mention not one person with a Bold right now has reported those issues.

If these reports were true ATT would have shipped their stock back to RIM for the firmware upgrade. Any minor issue can be resolved with a firmware upgrade after launch which is usually what is done. Bold is still on schedule for a MId July Release alongside the Rogers launch. Invites for launch parties are already getting prepared to be sent out.

None of our RIM reps report any of these said "battery and overheating issues" Just another play from BGR to cause drama as usual.

Just like their "early" iPhone 2 launch a couple of weeks ago.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    If these reports were true ATT would have shipped their stock back to RIM for the firmware upgrade. Any minor issue can be resolved with a firmware upgrade after launch which is usually what is done. Bold is still on schedule for a MId July Release alongside the Rogers launch. Invites for launch parties are already getting prepared to be sent out.

None of our RIM reps report any of these said "battery and overheating issues" Just another play from BGR to cause drama as usual.

Just like their "early" iPhone 2 launch a couple of weeks ago.
    If RSC says it, then it must be so!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    haha thats why Rogro, gets first dibs

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    haha thats why Rogro, gets first dibs
    The check's in the mail!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Got it. Thanks

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree 100% with RSCStacker!!!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yay!!! Whats my prize?

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well more time to save up then. Not like the phone is melting away or anything...

I hope...

-panics-
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Just another play from BGR to cause drama as usual.
    It's a shame that people have to be submitted to the all the needless drama and hype over a device.

As stated previously, if it is purely a business decision relating to the release of the Bold, then so be it, as business is business. This might be a marketing strategy that RIM thinks is worth the wait for. IMHO, I would want to put as much distance between the release of two of the hottest devices this summer by the same carrier if I could, just to have an advantage.

What would have been really cool though, is if RIM had chosen another carrier to give exclusive rights to on the Bold, and have them launch it simulateneously as AT&T to just take the steam out of the iPhone hype.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Seems as if Ill be keeping my 8310 and just updating it with the latest OS. It also seems Apple has AT&T on a short leash so they can move their product first, considering the stiff competition. I just dont believe the delay is on RIM's end at all.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Honestly I think releasing the Bold next to the iPhone wouldnt hurt either device. They are still both marketed for different types of use. People who want the iPhone now are going to get it, people waiting for the Bold will wait.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    Honestly I think releasing the Bold next to the iPhone wouldnt hurt either device. They are still both marketed for different types of use. People who want the iPhone now are going to get it, people waiting for the Bold will wait.
    Agreed. But if both were released simultaneously, I think the iPhone would take a slight loss...if any reasonably sane person walked into the store, lol.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

jimpilot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Looks ike it's so

Meanwhile, RBC Capital’s Mike Abramsky asserts in a research note this morning that AT&T (T) appears likely to launch the new 3G Blackberry Bold in mid-August, two or three weeks later than expected, “as it continues to stabilize the device” on its 3G HSPA network. He reports that the launch with Rogers in Canada is on track for July, with other carriers expected to offer the phone later in August.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ms-fy-q2-ests/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast