Hi All I have had the BB Bold since it came out on orange in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0

Bb Bold- Busy Timer

Advertisement

Hi All

I have had the BB Bold since it came out on orange in the uk on August 16th. i have loved every minute of it, and still do.

HOWEVER, recently i have noticed that the phone just restarts itself randomly (similar to a battery pull) i dont know why this happens, does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Secondly, i have also noticed that on some occasions the "busy timer" appears on any screen i am on , and maintains its "busy-ness" for a long while.

looking forward to hearing from you?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Morning, Sometimes that happen when there is a Software conflict (one doesn't work well with the other), have you installed any new Apps lately. And it can also be a serious enough problem that your device may be defected. I would consider the first cause and uninstall, reboot the device before considering a defective device and swapping it out.

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0
    any guidance as to how to uninstall and reboot?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by nnr81 View Post
    any guidance as to how to uninstall and reboot?
    There are a couple of ways to Uninstall Apps from your Bold:

1 - Highlight the App, press the Menu Key, Choose Delete, once it uninstalls accept the "Restart Now" by pressing "Yes"

2 - Or you can choose Options > Advanced Options > Applications - Then selection the App you want to delete, after deleting choose "Yes" to reboot.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I noticed that my BOLD would do the same thing......upon troubleshooting the issue I found out that it was a THEME

I have Google Maps installed and a theme I got from here that has a animated SGV file on the lock screen

It would cause my device to use the memory up and lock up or even randomly reboot itself.....after removing the theme my Bold was normal....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it will automatically ask you if you wish to reboot or wait till later after you delete a application.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    I personally have had this issue with the hour glass and its easy to remedy ....
    if your on bis then do the following steps...
    from the home screen hold the alt key then press l g l g , this will bring you to the error and information screen. at this point hit the menu and then clear log ... then menu again and go to options... at this point uncheck ALL THE BOXES, and save changes.
    this will remove the files from memory and relieve the processor from the added burden of error reporting service use logging .
    I have listed these steps a few times and all users report it stops the random hour glass thing.
    after this change you should see the berry working as it was when new , if not remove the last apps or themes added to see if this will help.
    but I will bet you lunch you should be fine after the logging service is terminated.
    the device is set up from rim to work with bes and this defaults the log to active to allow admins to remotely view the info from the admins console on the server and is useless on bis
    good luck and let me know if this helps you out.
    pin in profile
    phil

ps
    this causes the device to slow down over time and eats up memory. until memory reaches the critical threshold it will not go into a memory clean cycle .
    most users notice a slow down in their device over time and this is usually the culprit.
    Last edited by HeywoodJ; 12-08-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added coment