Can someone answer this question for me: how is it possible that people can sell ... BlackBerry Bold forum

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909

BB Bold

Advertisement

Can someone answer this question for me: how is it possible that people can sell the BB Bold for as little as $91 on ebay? now i am aware that ebay is a bidding site but i am just curious if these bolds are the same phone tht i would get if i went to at&t to buy or if these are like prototype phones that are different, or operate differently, from the ones from the store that i'd pay $565 for.

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    you never know u might wanna check out there rating or review tht person to see whtat people have said and then again could be a scam i havent seen no bold that cheap unless its for parts..ur better going to the store getting one..

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Amen.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Stringfellow View Post
    you never know u might wanna check out there rating or review tht person to see whtat people have said and then again could be a scam i havent seen no bold that cheap unless its for parts..ur better going to the store getting one..

usually it starts cheap and it works its way up and slowly slowly the person is paying the same amount you'd pay at the store maybe alil less or it could just be that the person jacked the phone and is putting it up for sale

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Just be careful. You did not point out the auction but I can bet you that there are some strings attached. Either high shipping osts or defective item. OR you must buy a plan with your device.

Lots of things to take into consideration. Do not let your want of the Bold get into the way of common sense!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Just be careful. You did not point out the auction but I can bet you that there are some strings attached. Either high shipping osts or defective item. OR you must buy a plan with your device.

Lots of things to take into consideration. Do not let your want of the Bold get into the way of common sense!

I agree; read it carefully.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jayeburd no está en línea Stack level 1
    im actually thinking about ordering one off ebay friday for 550. unlocked from rogers. hopes it can be easily set up with tmobile. but i sell alot of my other phones on ebay. sometimes people write stuff really small i seen one bold where it was like brand new bold for 400 and i read the whole page and in like size 6 font it said bold only no battery cover no battery no charger. nothing but literally the bold... lmao it was funny because i have a feeling someone will get tricked into buying it. lol

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is it a uk handset? I am on orange Uk and paid nothing for my handset on the grounds that I took out a new 12 month contract. I suppose I could have sold mine on ebay if I wished.

PIN/ID
    280C1909

hey

thanks for the heads up u guys! i have made sure that i read all the info on the bolds carefully, thoroughly, and more than once. i am a it side-tracked by the fact that I just gotta have a bold but i know i gotta let common sense prevail or i may get stuck w/ a washed up phone.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    First off, Ebay seems to spike prices up before auction closes. And second, be sure and check out the Bold at an At&t store before you plunk down a bundle for it. I sold mine after one day due to build quality, ridiculous browser, battery life, etc.
    Loving my Curve till I can check out Javelin

PIN/ID
    280C1909

Bold

Yeah, some of the at&t stores r telling me tht i can't buy the phone from them cause i don't have service thru them. But i did find some stores that will let me buy it w/ no service thru them. i will make sure i try it out but i gotta get a heads p on the javelin and c if its worth it. i considered the storm but when i was @ verizon, it was a bit sluggish so i really am not sure what blackbery i want now.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    Yeah, some of the at&t stores r telling me tht i can't buy the phone from them cause i don't have service thru them. But i did find some stores that will let me buy it w/ no service thru them. i will make sure i try it out but i gotta get a heads p on the javelin and c if its worth it. i considered the storm but when i was @ verizon, it was a bit sluggish so i really am not sure what blackbery i want now.
    Try to remember that the carrier you choose is most important. If you do not have good coverage and a strong signal, you will not enjoy any phone you buy from them. If you are planning on changing to another carrier AT&T usually has the best coverage. I currently have three carriers I use. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon, and AT&T is far better than the others. No dropped calls, no problems. Just lots of good phones to choose from.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    I was also considering the Storm but when I started hearing that the clickscreen was slowing down peoples typing speed I backed off. I'd much rather have a more functional business device then fall victim to the overdone consumer based touchscreen market.

I'm glad I went with the Bold, I'm so happy with it and I don't miss the larger touchscreen at all.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I'm glad I went with the Bold, I'm so happy with it and I don't miss the larger touchscreen at all.
    What version of the OS is on your Bold?

I'm having a few issues with mine, but before I upgrade to another OS, I'm looking for user feedback.

Thanks