So ill give you guys the lowdown on everything i already have done. I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3

BB 9700 boots, then wont do anything

Advertisement

So ill give you guys the lowdown on everything i already have done.

I have had this phone for 1.5 years, so far no problems, i tend to be pretty good with computers and cellphones and i have had quite a few BB's.

My problems arose two days ago. When i woke up my phone worked perfectly, i did my normal thing listened to music and went to work. At work, my phone started really slowing down, to the point where i couldnt even unlock it. I pulled my battery multiple times and nothing really helped it, and after that it started freezing while booting.

Throughout the entire day the phone wouldnt do anything, i got home plugged it in and decided to reset my phone and wipe it completely. I did so with the help of Jl_cmdr and updated the phone to OS6 for the first time.

So i thought everything would be good, but when my phone booted up i couldnt use my trackpad to agree to the EULA. infact it seemed like my entire phone was just stuck at that screen. But other than that the phone would boot sometimes and sometimes would hang.

At this point i got really fed up and took it to my rogers dealer where i have an extended warranty and they couldnt do anything useful for me without sending it in. At that point i decided not to send the phone in without trying to fix it myself at least a little more.

So now i have the phone at my house i downgraded to OS5 again, and once again the phone boots and freezes.

BUT one time when i booted it let me hit okay to the EULA and i got into the phone only for it to freeze at the welcome screen to the device setup wizard. I should say at this point the phone does NOTHING, none of the keys work at all they ALL do nothing. and the phone will literally just sit at this screen without turning off the LCD or anything for hours on end if i leave it.

I was originally going to give this phone to a friend who really needs one, and buy a new phone. but thats all on hold because the thing is acting up. I also want to avoid using my extended warranty. Is there anything you guys recommend?

I must also say at this point the OS was loaded multiple times onto the phone so i dont think doing it again would help too much, and i have done so many battery pulls that i want to cry at how many times i have watched that bar fill the screen ever so slowly...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sounds like you've tried just about everything I would do, if I had it I would do a complete wipe then install OS using BBSAK. Is it holding charge, I guess that would be hard to tell at this point in time. Have you tried re-installing with the battery pulled? All those tricks. Sorry it must be very frustrating.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Would there be an type of moisture damage caused to the device?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

No moisture damage, And yes the install i did i had to do with the battery out so that it would connect and actually do something.

Now i may have missed smething but what is an OS install using BBSAK? Is there a tut for it? Can someone lead me towards more info?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
    No moisture damage, And yes the install i did i had to do with the battery out so that it would connect and actually do something.

Now i may have missed smething but what is an OS install using BBSAK? Is there a tut for it? Can someone lead me towards more info?
    Try this. http://bbsak.org/index.php

That is their official site, and they have videos and FAQs available. That is also where you can download the software.

Good luck.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    Don't know if this would help but you may try.giving it a good thorough cleaning...I'd say take the battery out and clean in there and also the front with either an alcohol wipe or qtip and alcohol but let it air dry completely...four that will really help sounds more like a software issue. You may have picked up some kind of bug somehow...don't really know this is a tough one. Sorry if I wasn't much help.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.". Philippians 4:13

Okay so at this point i now pronounce "Shiek" (My phones name) dead. It is really the weridest thing ever. But i got myself an HTC evo 3d.

To be fair i tried out the new bold touch. but it was 150 bucks more and felt like the same thing as my current bold. Until RIM changes their behaviour and starts understanding what the consumer wants. Im out.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Good luck with your new device.

I hope it works out well for you.

To be honest, I never had a BlackBerry that got bricked beyond any repair. Bricked BlackBerry for me was user error, not related to the device itself.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree Laura whatever was broke I broke it and usually found the answer to the fix right here on the Stack

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color