If there is one thing I absolutely cannot stand, it is a dirty, or scratched ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

BB 9000 screen?

Advertisement

If there is one thing I absolutely cannot stand, it is a dirty, or scratched screen.
    I'm sure most of you are similar with your BB when it comes to having it always with you, in your pocket, in a holster.

Sadly, sometimes things happen. Phones drop, fall, and get scratched. I made sure this would never happen to my screen when I purchased my 8100 a boot a year and a half ago...I still to this day protect my BB with a screen cover. Its a nice protective film that keeps my phone looking new all the time.

With all this hype of the new BB 9000 specs. I'm curious and have not seen anything regarding the matter of how the screen will hold up. I remember seeing vids on youtube of how amazingly strong and unscratchable the iPhone screen was/is when it was released. A guy took a pocket knife to it I believe, and it literally didn't scratch it at all.

Just curious as to how the 9000 screen will hold up. I don't mind my protective film screen cover. Works great. But would be really nice to just have an incredibly durable non scratchable screen like those apple kids.

Any thoughts?

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have seen a few videos about the iPhone...but it involved using InvisibleShield to protect it. I didn't think by itself it was that strong.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The BB 9000 looks as if the front is made with the same material or the a glass type material like they use on movado watches. Which is a non scratch surface.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Trust me try it yourself take a knife to your iphone and you will hate yourself later those vids are fake

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Sweet, Thanks for your thoughts. Im totally there for the BB9000 the day of launch. And, in fact i have an InvisibleSheild on my 8100. Theyre great products that do work GREAT as far as protecting screens.

I just dont recall the iPhone in the vids saying anything about having an Invisi Shield on it. I always wondered how they made a non scratch screen...guess i know now, the same why i did.

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro
    movado and higher end watches use sapphire crystal ... i really doubt that phones will start using that any time soon - too heavy and expensive. the 9000 screen is very shiny and attracts fingerprints like a magnet - i'll see if i can test scratch resistance for ya next week

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Awesome Fiddler, thanks a lot.

And again, thanks for your input everyone else.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    yea i hate screens scratched or nicked that why i got 10 replacement screens from cnn.cn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

jmwein no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    Trust me try it yourself take a knife to your iphone and you will hate yourself later those vids are fake

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are 100% wrong. The iPhone screen is scratch resistant and to be honest much higher quality than the blackberry screen. I own the 8310 and the iPhone and those videos are completely legit. If you try putting any sharp object onthe screen of the iphone it basically just slips off bc there it doesnt grip (kind of like the saphire crystal faces on watches). The only way to scratch an iPhone screen is to literally have it slam down on a very sharp surface. I have had mine since launch and not even one tiny scratch (and i dont take great care of my phones). My 8310 is a whole other story. But I still like the blackberry better LOL.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jmwein View Post
    You are 100% wrong. The iPhone screen is scratch resistant and to be honest much higher quality than the blackberry screen. I own the 8310 and the iPhone and those videos are completely legit. If you try putting any sharp object onthe screen of the iphone it basically just slips off bc there it doesnt grip (kind of like the saphire crystal faces on watches). The only way to scratch an iPhone screen is to literally have it slam down on a very sharp surface. I have had mine since launch and not even one tiny scratch (and i dont take great care of my phones). My 8310 is a whole other story. But I still like the blackberry better LOL.

I knew it!!!

i swore i saw nothing a boot the iPhones in the vids having invisible shields on them...Theyre just that badass that they need no screen protector. WOW hope RIM looks into this for 9000 screen. Cuz an Apple man i am not. Blackberry all the way.