Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I like my Pearl so much, I have no desire at all to change to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BB 8800 vs. 9000 - Thoughts?

Advertisement

I like my Pearl so much, I have no desire at all to change to 8800. I just don't see any reason. As for the 9000, it is so far away and we really haven't seen everything it will have. I say just relax and enjoy what you have, and that is really not normal for me.......

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thumbs up Re: BB 8800 vs. 9000 - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by melerant
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wendycharles were going to have to talk about this treo problem. I am glad your finally breaking free from the grips of palm.
    I agree..I love blackberry. I do find myself testing the newest treo but it never compares to the blackberry. I am free of palm and faithfully addicted to blackberry.....
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Had I not lost my 8700c, I would definetly wait for the 9xxx series. Why? Speed. I'm pretty sure the 9xxx series will be true 3G and that's what it's all about.
    Cordially,

Jobsdone

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Yesterday I got my new 8800. It's a great BlackBerry and I'm quite impressed with the huge improvement in the keyboard over the 8700c. RIM spent some time and got the keys just right on this new model. Even though it's about 4mm narrower than the 8700c, the keys are just so much better in shape and tactile response. After my very disappointing experience with the 8700c, I'm relieved that they did a great job with the keyboard on the 8800.

The phone is also very much improved. Since I have both the 8100 and the 8800 now, I've done a direct comparison and there is quite a noticeable difference. The 8100 certainly has a good phone, however it's not as good as the one on the 8800.

Regarding the topic here 8800 vs. 9000, I simply do not know how anyone could possibly comment.

After all the 9xxx is far from finalized in specs and certainly those are only known certain individuals at RIM. I'm sure that some rumors will leak, however we are simply too far away from that model presently to draw any comparisons.

I do know from my first impressions with the 8800 is that it's better than I anticipated. And it's not as though I thought it would not be a good model, it's just that it was an unknown until I actually purchased and used one.

Cheers...

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Thanks so very much for that detailed information on your new 8800 and congratulations!! They are holding and 8800 for me at the Cingular store and I am going to take a look at it tomorrow. If I like it nearly as much as you do, I'm sure it will go home with me :-)

Enjoy!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen
    I like my Pearl so much, I have no desire at all to change to 8800.
    Unless you prefer full qwerty (a lot do) or really need built-in GPS you're right -- there's no reason to. They're counterparts... that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    The phone is also very much improved. Since I have both the 8100 and the 8800 now, I've done a direct comparison and there is quite a noticeable difference. The 8100 certainly has a good phone, however it's not as good as the one on the 8800.
    ...though that could be another reason. I'd like to hear about the mic performance since the 8700 has been really bad about picking up background noise. Oddly, there have been very few comments on this point from early adopters.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    I'd like to hear about the mic performance since the 8700 has been really bad about picking up background noise.
    I can say that so far after nearly 50 calls in two days, I'm really impressed with the performance of the phone. I went into this with an open minded approach, however I reduced my expectations as I have very accute hearing and I notice every little annoyance on any phone.

Trying to seperate the marketing hype from the reality of how a product actually operates is something that, at least in my experience can only be done, after one makes the purchase and then uses it and experiences first hand what the actual performance is.

Having read about the noise cancelling system being employed in the 8800, and having past and current knowledge of the various systems that can accomplish this I was very eager to see what the actual result was.

So far I'm quite satisfied and must say that it does indeed provide the best call quality I've experienced in any mobile phone to date.

However that said, it's important to remember that it's just my experience with one 8800, the one that I own.

Just for clarification or another way to express my experience. If I was to rate it on a scale of 1 - 10 (being best).

1) 8800 score 9
    2) 8100 score 7
    3) 7310 score 7
    4) 8700 score 5

I would be more than happy to answer any more specific questions.

Cheers....

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916
    Thanks so very much for that detailed information on your new 8800 and congratulations!! They are holding and 8800 for me at the Cingular store and I am going to take a look at it tomorrow. If I like it nearly as much as you do, I'm sure it will go home with me :-)

Enjoy!!
    Good Luck, I'm sure you will be quite impressed.

Cheers...

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC
    You should wait till The BOLD release.. the 9000 will replace old 88XX devices as it is..

wsantos no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CE16BE
    The 9000 is Hott!!! Wait for the 9000.. I think its also called the " BOLD "..

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Do you two realize that this thread is over a year old?

wsantos no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CE16BE
    Lol... ACTUALLY, I didnt realize it.. I just seen a advertisement for the BOLD on CNN, SO IT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION... Why are you posting " ItsNowOrNever " ... lol!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123