Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you love your 8700 take your time decdidng. I'm switching to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Re: BB 8800 vs. 9000 - Thoughts?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you love your 8700 take your time decdidng. I'm switching to the 8800 because I don't love my treo 750.

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wendycharles were going to have to talk about this treo problem. I am glad your finally breaking free from the grips of palm.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I'm really happy with my pearl right now, but if rim releases the version with wifi and the cam!! It might be a consideration for me to upgrade. The point of upgrading a phone, is to get improved features of what you already have. I'm intrested in a qWerty key board but I won't give up my cam for a keyboard. So it sounds like the 8820 is it for me!!! Imagine that wifi!!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've gotten so used to ST I don't know that a QWERTY keyboard isn't that important. Wifi would be nice, but to upgrade to that from my pearl, doesn't make sense. And it won't be 18 months until the 9xxx gets released. When was the last time RIM had that long between models? Never. If they run into issues, we'll still see it in a year or less.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: BB 8800 vs. 9000 - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916
    Hi All,

I'm just putting this out there to see what people's thoughts are. I am addicted to and LOVE my BB8700c! OK - so do I buy the 8800 or do I wait until the 9000 comes out?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    The bottom line is, we'll never be able to keep up with all the latest releases of devices. So, I say get the 8800, by the time the 9000 is released, there will be other fancy gadgets too...

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

All rumors and theories. I'm not considering anything until there's full and official spec/release information.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am with Cingular myself and I know that I will not be switching from my 8700 to the 8800. I am highly dissapointed that cingular didn't pick up a 8800 with a camera nor, wifi. Yes I understand that cingular just picked up the pearl with a camera and that if they were to pick up another camera-esc blackberry, they would not have any none cam berries. Of course business types will rejoice, but as for myself, the other part of the market, I will be waiting for a qwerty camer blackberry. The only thing that I can think of, is to buy a 8800 on another network that has wifi and a cam and than have my friend unlock it. That is only if cingular doesn't later on, release a 8800 with a camera (highly doubt it.)

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E

Hmmmm.... Interestin

adamsinger77 no está en línea Stack level 2

anything will be better then my 7290

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by MMB916
    I'm just putting this out there to see what people's thoughts are. I am addicted to and LOVE my BB8700c! OK - so do I buy the 8800 or do I wait until the 9000 comes out?
    No one knows how far along the 9XXX devices are nor what specs they have nor whether or not its release will be delayed. It's really your judgement call to make. We have no idea what your needs and budget are...

Personally, I wouldn't wait on something that is so unconfirmed in many ways but there are plenty of people who are deciding to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by merk350z
    what i would do is wait till the 89XX comes out i mean if the 8800 does not have a cam and wifi then why upgrade . yea it looks nice but your really not getting worth the upgrade until you get the wifi and the cam.
    Um.. because not everyone has the same needs? I know it's crazy but not everyone needs/wants a camera or wifi. Amazingly, you'll find that people have different needs/wants in all aspects of life. Seriously. Besides, the 8820 will have those two features so there's no need to wait for an 89XX.

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

I don't have a particular need for a camera hwoever, it would be nice. And wifi would be great. I'm going to play with the 8800 and if I fall in love :-) I will sell my 8700 and accessories. If not, I will wait. As for a budget, I stopped making one for technology gadgets because I kept going over it :-) Now I make sure to sell everything I upgrade from. It helps and I keep my things in excellent condition.

Thanks again for all of these great thoughts!!!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Taking this from current 8800 users (not myself): typing on the 8800 may be harder than on the 8700. But if you would rather select with the pearl than the scrollwheel or if you want the card slot/media player or GPS go for it. If not stick with the 8700, because about everything else is the same.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Everyone seems to be needlessly driving themselves crazy over this one.

The 87xx was a must have device. The Pearl also was to a similar extent. The 88xx will cater to businesses looking to replace old devices (esp. non DST 2007 patched ones), activate new handhelds (why buy last years device for a new activation?), or corp customers needing a thinner device, or someone needing the latest and greatest.

So stop driving yourself nuts. (you could have worked a second job and bought a 8800 outright instead of the hours misspent micromanaging your purchase). If you're the type that tends to keep a device for 2 years (or more), and this is not a new activation, then keep your existing device. You'll want the next generation device most likely. (maybe quick pinstack cold turkey until then). If you're the type that switches devices every 12 months. God Bless you and god bless the U.S. economy. Then the 8800 is for you. (you'll buy a 9000 in Q1 2008 as well, so why spend precious time with a 87xx?).

merk350z no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203D0EA3

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~First, merk350z wrote that the 8800 will not have a camera or wifi. That is totally wrong. The model Cingular is releasing Wednesday won't, but there will be a model relased by T-Mobile(and probably others) that WILL have both. Probably around April. As far as "waiting" for a 9000, I highly doubt we will see one before 18+ months from now and any rumored features are nothing but that, rumors. Get the 8800 with camera and wifi and enjoy!
    you are correct i was wrong but the cingular model wont have the in the first verison but lets be honest wifi on any phone is usless because you really cant use it because its to much data for the phone to handel i have the nokia 9500 9300 and the e62 all nice but the wifi was alwaysto much for it. if the 8700c is doing its job and the only reason you want it is because its little slimer and new then get it. i would just wait till blackberry takes a big step foward other then minor style and little featers added. 88XX does not have 3G i mean that to me is more importent then wifi or a cam.

bluskye no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    Taking this from current 8800 users (not myself): typing on the 8800 may be harder than on the 8700. But if you would rather select with the pearl than the scrollwheel or if you want the card slot/media player or GPS go for it. If not stick with the 8700, because about everything else is the same.
    You are a little off. 4.2 software allows you to start typing a name from the home screen and it automatically searchs the address book. No need to enter the addressbook. This is Sidekick style and makes starting a email/message/phone call much quicker. The phyical layout of the two buttons that reside next to the trackballl also add new faster ways to send/edit/navigate a message. The screen on the pearl is much brighter.... MUCH brighter then the 8700. 4.2 Software also automatically adds your contacts to the dictionary making auto capilization/suretype nice.

Oh yeah, the pearl seems to be scratch resistant.

I own both 8700/Pearl.... the pearl is better. I actually type faster using the Pearl as long as I use proper dictionary words since the keys are closer together. You can add custom dictionary words for slang if you want though which I do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast