i got my bold on saturday. forgot to charge it saturday night so sunday morning ... BlackBerry Bold forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

battery won't charge completly

Advertisement

i got my bold on saturday. forgot to charge it saturday night so sunday morning it was at 25%. i plug it in for about an hour, and it's at 50%. thought that was a little slow but i'm used to a curve so maybe it's just a slower charge. yesterday around 10pm i was at about 10% battery life. so i plug it in. this morning check it at 8am and it says 80%. huh? i reset the phone. it's now at 90%. um ok....leave it pluged in for about another 45 minutes. still at 90%. it's now almost 6 hours later and it's at 80%.

what's going on here? why won't the battery ever fully charge? or is it a os issue where it just thinks that it's not charged? it seems like a slow charge too.....

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    That is very weird. Do you have any apps running? Even though you have apps running, it should still be charging or keeping it at a constant battery level. Have you tried a battery pull? Does your phone get hot/warm?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    How are you charging your Bold? Are you using the charger or USB?
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Rob113 no está en línea Stack level 2
    my battery only lasts for 4 hours

i dont know whats the prob i charge with blackberry charger all night

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    If you charged battery only last 4 hours, it is broken. Only way you could run it down that fast is using the phone almost 4 hours.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    there aren't any apps running, i've checked that. i'm using the wall charger, the usb charger always takes forever and i don't leave any of the computers on over night anyway.

i thought it was especially odd that it was at 80% but then when to 90% as soon as i did a pull. still not at 100% though, but the battery life is good and it's not draining at an abnormal rate. i'm wondering if it's just a os glitch where it's not reading 100% even though it's fully charged.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds like a bad battery. Take it back to the store you got it from and ask if they have any batteries you can try. Or if it has been under 30 days ask for a replacement.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Sounds like a bad battery. Take it back to the store you got it from and ask if they have any batteries you can try. Or if it has been under 30 days ask for a replacement.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree. It could be either a defective battery or maybe even a defective USB charging port. If you are still within the 30 day period, make sure to exchange your phone or try to see if one of their batteries work with your phone and how that charges. No bb, regardless of what OS it is running should be charging improperly.
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 12-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.