Sometimes the power of my battery drains really fast (goes from 80% to 10% in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Status Codes

Advertisement

Sometimes the power of my battery drains really fast (goes from 80% to 10% in 30 minutes) and I have been unable to find out why though I've noticed that the battery gets warmer than usual. According to my BBBatteryWatch the status of the battery changes from OK to a large chain of zeros and ones. Does anyone know why is this happening or how to correct or prevent this?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know about the codes, but it could just be a bad battery. Have you tried a different battery and do you have the same issues?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think it will go down THAT fast but if you're in an area with no service your phone will constantly search for a signal and the battery will "go" fast. Could that be part of your issue? That condition combined with an older battery might run it down fast.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    The battery is only 5 months old and I have not had this problem before. I will try another battery.
    This is not a case of no service area since I've experienced this once in my office which has full 3G signal.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    These are funny things. I currently have a 8120, reasonably new, and I can turn it off for two days fully charged and, when I pick it up to turn it on, the battery is completely drained. I've never seen that one before. It's a spare so I don't necessarily use it every day but the "funny" part is, if I turn it on, use it sparingly and leave on constantly the battery will still have power three days later, all that with the wi-fi running.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com