Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay.... I feel kinda silly asking this question, but is there a specific purpose to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Okay.... I feel kinda silly asking this question, but is there a specific purpose to doing a battery pull and/or reset all the time?? Some of you mention doing it daily, and others mention several times daily. I've done ONE, just ONE battery pull, since I purchased mine on November 17th. This thing runs like a well-oiled machine on Rogers OS .162 I've never played around with upgrading the OS... I figure, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I think pulling the battery or doing a daily reset is like torturing the poor little thing.. and then it'd be my luck that it'd start throwing temper tantrums.. NOT COOL!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The correct key combination to restart a Bold is alt+right shift + del. That is what RIM suggests and I use.

I perform a reset once every week.
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If I may I would like to also add. When resetting your device it is wise to do as archer and others have suggested with the alt+right shift+delete. Just pulling the battery is equal to yanking the plug on your PC. Powering down and then doing a battery pull is a good way to do it if you don't want to use the short cut. The only time you should just yank your battery is if your device is frozen and there is no other option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12