HELP! I've only recently used my bb bold and hasn't given me problems until this ... BlackBerry Bold forum

halim96 no está en línea Stack level 1

battery malfunction? or OS malfunction?

Advertisement

HELP! I've only recently used my bb bold and hasn't given me problems until this morning after I unplugged the charger ( i charged it all night), the phone was really hot, the clock logo was flashing every 2 seconds. Within the hour, the battery life was diminishing quickly.
    I've taken the battery our several times and the problem still persists. I've decided to drain the battery, charged it again but apparently it still remains a low battery life sign (red) which means it was barely charging..and the sandclock is still blinking.

What should i do?
    How do you format the device? and how do i backup all the contacts??!! Please help soon. Thank you!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Halim,

First off, welcome to PinStack!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with you're new Bold. Sounds to me as though you have a defective device and should exchange it as soon as possible.

If you can successfully connect the device to your PC and launch Desktop Manager (you should have gotten a CD with the device, or you can click on the FAQ link in my signature for a link to download Desktop Manager from RIM), you can do a backup from within Desktop Manager prior to returning the device.

If you do return the device you'll want to "wipe" it after your backup. Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings, then press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select Wipe Handheld.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
    Roger

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It sounds like your device is beyond being able to sync. It does not sound like you will even be able to do a wipe!

A backup is a nice thing to have.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by halim96 View Post
    HELP! I've only recently used my bb bold and hasn't given me problems until this morning after I unplugged the charger ( i charged it all night), the phone was really hot, the clock logo was flashing every 2 seconds. Within the hour, the battery life was diminishing quickly.
    I've taken the battery our several times and the problem still persists. I've decided to drain the battery, charged it again but apparently it still remains a low battery life sign (red) which means it was barely charging..and the sandclock is still blinking.

What should i do?
    How do you format the device? and how do i backup all the contacts??!! Please help soon. Thank you!
    that sounds like a bad battery if the device got really hot. As said before it is supposed to get warm but definitely not hot.
    I would ask for an exchange right away if i were you.
    As far as backup just plug it to your computer and do a backup through the DM.
    Formatting the device is easier - go to option - security - general settings and then press the menu key and select wipe handheld.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'll second that. Definitely sounds like a battery problem.

Back up any data as mentioned above and take it back!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

halim96 no está en línea Stack level 1

not battery problem

THanks for the immediate response.
    I ended up charging the device without inserting any sim card. (Battery was charged full in the morning) and taking when i finally inserted the sim card again, the problem persisted and i ended up deleting facebook (read about it in one of the posts with the similar clock flashing problem), restart and soft reset (took the battery out) and the problem disappeared! I've since redownloaded facebook and it is working fine now.....(all my fingers and toes are crossed for now)

I'm now wondering if i should upload software? I'm a little scared to do anything to it since it is working fine now. ANy suggestions?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by halim96 View Post
    THanks for the immediate response.
    I ended up charging the device without inserting any sim card. (Battery was charged full in the morning) and taking when i finally inserted the sim card again, the problem persisted and i ended up deleting facebook (read about it in one of the posts with the similar clock flashing problem), restart and soft reset (took the battery out) and the problem disappeared! I've since redownloaded facebook and it is working fine now.....(all my fingers and toes are crossed for now)

I'm now wondering if i should upload software? I'm a little scared to do anything to it since it is working fine now. ANy suggestions?
    Keep an eye on your battery, your battery getting really hot shouldnt have anything to do with Facebook afaik, so be sure to jump on the exchange train while you still can do it within 30 days with no hassle.