I just got the bold a few days ago. The battery runs down before the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

leastcmplicated no está en línea Stack level 2

battery issues

Advertisement

I just got the bold a few days ago. The battery runs down before the day is out! I've downloaded a couple apps. I thought it was because I was using pandora so I didn't use it at all today and its still down to 1 bar after it being on the charger all night. Any ideas? It also said I was low on memory. I've only downloaded pandora, viigo and shazam, how can I be out of memory?? Tia!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    idk about the memory issue, but have you tried just always putting it in standby mode when you are not using it?

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    You might want to make sure you turn off your apps when leave them.While in the app click option button,scroll down to exit/close and click.The red call end button will not shut down apps.I am also counting the browser as an app.The apps you have (counting the browser)will use up power pretty bad unless they are closed when your finished using them.I hope this solves the problem for you.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by leastcmplicated View Post
    I just got the bold a few days ago. The battery runs down before the day is out! I've downloaded a couple apps. I thought it was because I was using pandora so I didn't use it at all today and its still down to 1 bar after it being on the charger all night. Any ideas? It also said I was low on memory. I've only downloaded pandora, viigo and shazam, how can I be out of memory?? Tia!
    If you do not know which app is running, depress Alt key and Backspace key at same time--continue to keep Alt key depressed while scrolling to L and R with trackball to see all open apps. When you are hovering over the app you want to exit or close then release the Alt key. Use menu key to access the exit tab on that App. I do this a couple times a day to verify all my Apps I'm not using are closed.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Aside from that, I'd also look into screen brightness and ring tone/vibrate settings on the phone and cut back what you can stand do.

Assuming that there isn't anything wrong with the battery it should just be a matter of settings.

I'm pretty sure when I got my Bold I had similar issues and gradually got to the point where I can push it two days if I'm not doing to much music/video in addition to everything else.

Also, if you are in an area with poor 3G coverage there is a good chance that the Bold is constantly fighting for that stronger signal. Having both receivers running and flipflopping between signals can put a HUGE strain on the battery as well...depending on coverage and how often the phone bounces back and forth.

One more thing, what version of the OS is installed on the phone? Its more common to see OS releases fix/create memory leaks but some users have noticed substantial gains in battery life as well.

I know its a lot...but Pinstack is a great wealth of information, you just have to trudge through a barrage of questions to get on your way.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~