Can some please tell me what's happening with my blackberry.. Recently my batteries been draining ... BlackBerry Bold forum

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

battery help!

Advertisement

Can some please tell me what's happening with my blackberry..

Recently my batteries been draining quickly..

I just received my replacment, and I added on this new theme.

I check the menu all the time just incase something is running in the background and nothing is.

So is there another problem I have to look into?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    could be an internal hardware issue and it could be your OS. You may want to upgrade your OS and see if your battery life improves
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would start by removing "this new theme" and see if the battery improves since that's all you said you did to it.

TheDarkwing no está en línea Stack level 1
    [To person with battery problems,
    I may have had the same problem I think you are having. Did you download a theme that is Animated? If you did that your problem. If you have more three or more Application downloaded it doesn't matter what they are, and you are using a Animated theme that maybe where the Battery drain is coming from. I think the Blackberry Bold doesn't like to run Animated Themes. Try using a different theme that's not Animated. If the theme is something you have to use try removing some of the application you downloaded. I would start with games.

Let me know if it works.

Darkwing
    MA.
    Last edited by TheDarkwing; 12-07-2009 at 01:25 PM.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    On a similar subject, does installing a big memory card drain the battery any faster?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No, how would that have an effect on the battery. I'm asking your though process on thiS not being a smarta** . . As far the OP. I would use a different theme as suggested and compare battery life. That wiLl give you a good starting point to diagnose your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    No, how would that have an effect on the battery. I'm asking your though process on thiS not being a smarta** . .
    Someone I know who is a computer tech thought that increasing the amount of the memory card would take more resources to scan the card on a consistent basis looking for data/file thus requiring more juice and draining the battery faster. This is why I asked the question here to see what kind of answers I would get. By Bold 9000 with moderate phone (2 hrs/day) and no texting barely gets through the end of a biz day with one charge!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    What OS are you running. I've been through plenty of them on the 9000, some good, some decent, some just plain were junk. This is concerning battery life, I'm running 5.0.0.284 on one and it has decent beattery life. I can make it through the day with pretty heavy use. I don't know how .411 is as I haven't loaed it yet. I really don't think that's it's going to make a differance about the size of the card. Easy test- swap it for a smaller card and see if it effects it. I have a 8gb in my 9000 and a 16 in my 9700.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    What OS are you running. I've been through plenty of them on the 9000, some good, some decent, some just plain were junk. This is concerning battery life, I'm running 5.0.0.284 on one and it has decent beattery life. I can make it through the day with pretty heavy use. I don't know how .411 is as I haven't loaed it yet. I really don't think that's it's going to make a differance about the size of the card. Easy test- swap it for a smaller card and see if it effects it. I have a 8gb in my 9000 and a 16 in my 9700.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16
    I am running on 4.6.0.297. I did the OS upgrade about 12 months ago and now I am afraid to try it again since I barely made it through the last one! Maybe I'll give it a try right now ...