ok so i charged my bold last night, it was full charge (about 7-8am) and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

battery gets hot, i mean hooot

Advertisement

ok so i charged my bold last night, it was full charge (about 7-8am) and at about 10-11am i noticed that something was getting hot in my pants, i take out my bold and start to feel it and it was pretty hot, i never had my phone dis warm. And now i put it to charge and it had 20%, and its still on 20% after 30 min (it again became hot). Is it the battery thats messed up? or maybe something more serious?
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

creahansen16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My bold just had this happen to it as well, it kept cycling the loading icon and the battery was hot from constantly working. If you are not operating the most up to date OS, 4.6, then your bold may be shot. Rogers is sending me a new one because of the problem. If you are not running 4.6 then you should upgrade and see if the problem persists.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Sounds like you should get another one. My friend has a Bold and she said the same thing. She said it was charging and she picked it up when I called. After 10 minutes of talking to me, she had to take her socks off because her whole body was sweating LOL.
    Anyway, see if you can get another one. That's just my opinion

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Please be careful!

When a battery gets really hot, it means it's either charging or discharging quickly. I'm thinking something is either wrong with the battery (internal short) or the charging circuit.

Warm is one thing -- hot is very different. Batteries have been known to explode if they get too hot which is really not good times...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Replace it. Your Bold SHOULD get warm when really working but hot, no way.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had several non Berry devices that did this-its usually fatal in the device, take the phone back and get another

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Please go exchange your Bold your battery definitely shouldnt get warm and with the risk of them exploding you dont want to take a chance.
    Replace it while still under 30days store warranty.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    I cant exchange it, i got it of ebay lol thats one problem. another thing is that i wasnt using it at all, it was in my pocket the whole time, i didnt even take it out to see if i had a message. I updated to .185 for now everything seems fine, i think i will get a new battery....
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i would have that looked at real soon , last thing you need is for your phone to short out.

P.S: when i was reading your post, i laughed when you said "i felt somthing getting hot in my pants" lol i just had to point that out lol, kinda make me chuckle

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree with everyone on PS. Your bb battery shouldn't be hot! (Think back to lawsuits with Sony's overheated batteries on their Vaio's and other computer places that have gotten lawsuits bc the batteries either a)gave people burns or b)blew up and killed someone. Totally get it replaced! ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~