Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had the BOld for 3 months now and recently the battery has started ... BlackBerry Bold forum

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

battery drainage

Advertisement

I have had the BOld for 3 months now and recently the battery has started to drain awfully quickly. within an hour or so its 80% full without usage and if I don't charge it overnight, in the morning the BB is down to 50%. also its takes hours to charge it. i guess am asking if it is a Bold issue or just mine. thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you have an application running in background that you're not aware of? Make sure when you end an ap that you "exit" or "close" it instead of ESC(aping) out if you don't want to keep it in background. You can check by pressing and holding ALT+ESC - continuing to hold the ALT key you can scroll through what's running in background.

Have you added any application recently that might do automatic updating, like Viigo or AP News or a podcast ap? Things like that might drain your battery some.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks JB i haven't done any of the above in regards to new apps or automatic updating of those. silly question (ahem), what is the ESC key? (i am thinking the one with the detour arrow?)

The one with the arrow, just to the right of the trackball, is right.

The one to the left of the trackball is the "menu" key.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The key on the right side of the track ball
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This is a ? that's asked a lot, what os version?

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    This is a ? that's asked a lot, what os version?
    BH, for info on the Bold OS's and betas that exist try going here and reading the comments.

If you want the latest OS for the Bold check this list. For comments on the latest OS check this thread.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BH, for info on the Bold OS's and betas that exist try going here and reading the comments.

If you want the latest OS for the Bold check this list. For comments on the latest OS check this thread.
    Lol, thanks jb. No what I was asking is what os is he running. I know that when I loaded .221 my battery life went down and had the same issues he's describing. Thanks for the links as someone browsing around will use them. I'm on .266 now, had 5.0 but went back. Can't wait till all the 5.0 betas start coming in droves.

Sorry, BH. Misunderstood your question.

my OS is v4.6.0.167
    sorry, went M.I.A read thru the thread and am not sure its the OS and surely nothing running in background. oh well, just another issue i dislike about the Bold. If I only didn't lose my Pearl...thanks ya all anyways

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Well, saying that. I know that I had .210 running flawlessly for about 2 months then things started going haywire. Don't know? I would recomend that you upgrade just to get the speed advantage from the newer OS's. .247 was great for me as is .266.

would gladly upgrade, if I only knew how

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I belive one of those links that jb gave may have it in there. If not I'll post a link for ya. More than likley someone will get it here before me as I'm at work. The easiest way for me to tell without posting links is to do google search for the os(blackberry 4.6.0.2xx) once you find the link download it and install it to you pc. Go into program file>common file>reaserch in motion> select the vender xml file and delete it. In that same folder you'll see the loader file. Double click, from here you pc and berry do all the work. You also have the option to wipe your device. I'll let someone else chime in as my boss is giving me the eye.lol

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...=installing+os, here's a more thorough walk through

thanks a million. watch out for that boss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast