Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I have an observation to share. Several of my friends waited to buy their Bolds ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

I have an observation to share. Several of my friends waited to buy their Bolds as they were aware of the problems I had. Since my newest Bold is very well made and operating on .210 flawlessly, they have gone out and purchased their new Bolds (5 guys). Interestingly, not one of those five Bolds has a single problem once I upgraded them for my friends, to .210. Hardware quality is superb and every single one has a great battery door fit. Since this has become a rather long thread, I called each one of them today, just to get the latest report before making this entry, they all went into buy theirs on the same day, they are now just over 2 weeks old and they are all still nice and tight.

So, for those of you that have loose battery doors, I would encourage you to return your devices if that makes sense to you. I can say with confidence that RIM has improved build quality on this model.

Cheers...

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I put a folded $20 bill between the battery and the door, the creaking is almost 100% away. The bottom right corner still creaks a little though. It works much better for me than the Curve foam, and I have $20 if I need it in a pinch

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Or your $20 more out if u lose ur phone..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive been through about 5-6 bolds and all had creeking sound on the mid-lower left corner. even with after market battery doors and different oem doors.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I got lucky on the 6th Bold, kinda like gambling @ vegas...

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    my bold door starting creaking when i dropped it on the floor...TWICE!
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

wingzero1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Got my Bold on this weekend...

and noticed it creaked on the left side of the battery door when typing. Talked to a CSR and they said I could return it for a replacement but it would be most likely be a refurb. I don't want a refurbished device...so created a loop of tape, stuck it to the left inside of the door...no more creaking.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Going to #3. #1, batt door issue. #2 batt door after 2 weeks, screen flicker and a white screen. What's crazy is right now the batt door is not creaking nor does it have any movement in it. Just the other day it had about 2 mm worth of play at the top of the device with minimal at the bottom laterally, and about 1 mm vertically. I have a thread on aftermarket battery covers, so far it doesn't seem that it is a fix for this issue. Keep switching them out until a winner or they come out with something better. ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234