Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Had the same issue aabd I added a piece of paper from a levis tag ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

Had the same issue aabd I added a
    piece of paper from a levis tag that I had off
    Of some new jeans. It stoped all together.
    I didn't want to return my bold for such an issue as I have read on here that some people have had major issues with the bold and this one seems to be working properly. Now if I could find a way to fix the typing into boxes issues in bb browser would be great. Does .210 take care of this?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bberry571 View Post
    I, too, started suffering from the "creaky" battery cover. I'm a bit disappointed in that and I agree it should not be a problem on a device this costly.

Having said that, I wanted to point out that I "clothed" my 9000 in an OtterBox (Defender) and the creaking has stopped.

Just an observation from a BB n00b ... :-)
    RIM knows it can on it's customers to shell out a premium price for a cheap device of questionable integrity. They are brilliant, as they laugh all the way to the bank. They are learning the smoke & mirrors techniques from Apple, and using them to their advantage. RIM is truly progressive.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    creaking? WD-40.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Gotta say, I'm a little annoyed, but feel that I'll probably not return it.

The way it seems to work is this:

1. Buy brand new Blackberry Bold for full price.
    2. Keep for 1 week, find squeaky battery door.
    3. Return under warranty and get a refurb.

So basically, my brand new Bold will turn into a cheap refurb in 1 week due to shoddy manufacturing. Great...

Since my Bold seems to be working for everything but the battery door, I'm going to go ahead and fix it myself. Heading over to Lowes after work to look for some sort of thin foam tape.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

crayons no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249e541a
    I've had my bold since the 9th of November and it has been completely solid until a couple of days ago. I noticed the dreaded battery creak. I put a post it folded in half and the bold feels solid again. A small fix like this doesn't bother me much. I bought an 8300 on release day and went through 2 exchanges and still had to do some ghetto fixes to make it solid. I love my bold!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The sad fact is that RIM has been producing BlackBerrys with creaking, loose, poor fitting battery doors for years and still cannot, or will not get it right. Apathy reigns supreme.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Returning my bold tonight. I agree with archer. You don't pay for a device like this to have to fix it when you get it out of the box. After a little wear and tear I might could understand coping with the issue. Saying that I didn't have one problem out of my pearl and I am rough on it. I work in the auto repair buissness and it is still going strong depite having be droped countless times, handeled with no where near clean hands and it doesn't have issues it just takes it and ask for more. That is what I expect from my bold and nothing less. I did fix the issue with a levis tagabd thought I would be happy but after a few days this ate at me until I decided to take it back.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I think I'd be willing to attempt a "fix" such as adding a strip of foam under the door, but that's about as far as I'd go. I agree that there's no reason you should have to fix something out of the box, but better to fix it yourself then return it for a refurb after a month or less.

I'm very thankful not to have had a single issue with my Bold, physically or operationally...I can only hope that the number of somewhat dissatisfied customers starts to dwindle off.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Returned and recived a new one made in canada. Glad I did and didn't settle like I was going to. This one feels great. We'll see how it holds up. So far I very happy. No more creaking. Also I noticed that my back button was causing more noise than the others when pressed and after a couple of days it started to feel like a click when pressed. I think that the creaking was the first sign off a poorly built bold. Can't say for sure as I didn't give it a chance.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    if you have an old curve (like i did), take the little rubber square off the back and stick it on you BOLD back - works like a charm, not a sound since !!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Returned and recived a new one made in canada. Glad I did and didn't settle like I was going to. This one feels great. We'll see how it holds up. So far I very happy. No more creaking. Also I noticed that my back button was causing more noise than the others when pressed and after a couple of days it started to feel like a click when pressed. I think that the creaking was the first sign off a poorly built bold. Can't say for sure as I didn't give it a chance.
    Both of mine were Made in Canada and both suffer creaking of the battery door.... after a couple of weeks.

PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri View Post
    if you have an old curve (like i did), take the little rubber square off the back and stick it on you BOLD back - works like a charm, not a sound since !!
    Good Call !!
    I have a few full faceplates [i liked have color options : ) ] and will strip that foam off and put it in the door of the bold.

thx

PIN/ID
    retired
    Just added the curve door's foam (still sticky even) and its completely SOLID now.....

Great Idea !

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Both of mine were Made in Canada and both suffer creaking of the battery door.... after a couple of weeks.
    Hope I don't have the issue return with the batt door. Saying that I think my first one would have had other issues down the road. Like I said the back button had some sort of issue as it was beginning to click when pressed. Not the normal sound you hear but a click like sound and feel when pressed. This one seems well built and solid compared to the other one. I'm not saying that this one might not have issues in the future or that canadian bolds are perfect with no defects but from what I've read and researched it seems the are less likely to have them.

crayons no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249e541a
    good call on the foam piece!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast