Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

In the past, I worried about the small things like that. Maybe it is my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

temoore no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

In the past, I worried about the small things like that. Maybe it is my age, but I have stopped worrying about things like the creaks in the case. I found if I worried about these things, the first scratch or ding I got really bothered me. Now I view it as a tool, and when the first ding occurs, I consider it broken in rather than damaged. Not passing judgment on anyone, just sharing my more recent "enlightenment".
    Back to topic, I found that I was getting occasional resets due to battery "disconnecting" on a sharp impact (even slapping against palm would cause this, especially with the Seido battery). Taped a cut business card to the inside of the battery cover, it stopped the resets and it does not squeak.

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had this problem too.. I just gave my bold to my brother yesterday and went back to my 8800.. I'll have him do this to see if it stops the creaking.
    aingaran | google voice: 347.565.4380 | bb pin: 20E9A99A

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was a little disappointed to find that RIM didn't add a small, traction piece for lack of a better word, under the Bold's battery door like they did with the 8310. I can't think of what the material is called that they used (I bet archer knows) but a small piece of something like a business card would help.
    I have some creaking in my door but it doesn't seem to be noticeable since I put the skinit decal on a couple weeks back. *shrug*
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Where once I may have been inclined to devise a fix, I no longer feel that is the appropriate approach. Why? Because this is RIM's premier top of the line product that should not have an issue like this. Period. In the past, battery door looseness, creaks, and misc noises were the norm due to marginal design. However they've had years to correct this and it's time for them to experience push back from the customer. If we set a precedence by "repairing our new BlackBerrys" we send a message to RIM, it's OK. When it comes to the Bold, widely billed by RIM as their premier device for individual and corporate use, it's time for them to deliver on that claim. We have paid the premium to own the premier device, now it's their responsibility to build them to that standard. I say return it without hesitation.

I don't buy a new MBZ or BMW as a daily driver every year, so that I can set about the task of "fixing it". I pay to own a premium luxury sedan to drive and enjoy.

I buy the Bold for the same reason. I'm paying for top of the line, and expect to enjoy it as such.

Take it back...

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    My Squeaky Bold just stopped within a week of use, I guess like some new items, it just takes a bit of use...

delvecchio no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue! It drives me nuts!! I paid good money for a superb device and everything works great, except that one annoyance of a creaking battery cover!! So I could take mine back with no questions asked?? I purchased my bold when they were released, not sure if that would be too late.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Don't know if you are concerned about refurbs... but if you return your device you will more than likely get a refurb. I know that rogers will not exchange in the store for you, you have to wait for them to send you a device, and no matter how much you complain for a new one, it probably will be a refurb.

PIN/ID
    retired

Lightbulb

[quote=quillhill;1008369]I was a little disappointed to find that RIM didn't add a small, traction piece for lack of a better word, under the Bold's battery door like they did with the 8310. I can't think of what the material is called that they used (I bet archer knows) but a small piece of something like a business card would help.
    quote]

Would that material be foam? lol
    I put a card in mine too and it seems to have stopped the creaking. I AGREE totally that a simple piece of foam in there would have been SMART to do....and should have been done. But to return it and have to setup a phone again... huge pain!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I would normally say just return it, but its not like the battery door is going to affect anything else. If it was the keyboard creaking I'd say swap it out for sure but just the door I'd probably find a way to cope.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    What I'm finding with mine is that the battery door fit is loose -- meaning that there is some lateral play in the door even when it's latched.

All that would be needed to fix it is a small stick-on piece of foam which was attached to the battery door. That would apply just enough force to keep the door nice and tight. Perhaps I'll just do that.

The idea of sending it back for a refurb unit is not appealing at all to me. Especially since I'd have to go through the hassle of setting up the device to my taste all over again.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

A letter from RIM

Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing our new flagship smartphone, the BlackBerry Bold. Years in development, the Bold represents our finest achievement. This smartphone includes all of the latest technologies in mobile communications.

We hope that you enjoy your new bold for weeks to come. Or until we abandon it. In the event that your Bold is squeaky, creaky or fails at some level, please remember it's probably just your imagination. We here at RIM ran out of time, energy, and desire to test the Bold.
    Based on market surveys we learned that just like the "Apple Faithful" our beloved "Crackberry Addicts" will accept anything, and rave about it. If devices fail to live up to their top of the line status, we know you don't mind and will still be our advocates while suffering with the shortcomings of the device.

It is this blind loyalty that allows us to overcharge and under deliver. The astronomical profits we enjoy are the reason we do this. As we continue to create more new devices than we truly can manage, we look to you to expand your role in supporting us.

Thank you for you patronage.
    Research in Money
    Waterwooohooo
    Canada

PIN/ID
    retired
    nice letter !! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    nice letter !! lmao
    Thanks! Gotta have a little humor from time to time.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

bberry571 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I, too, started suffering from the "creaky" battery cover. I'm a bit disappointed in that and I agree it should not be a problem on a device this costly.

Having said that, I wanted to point out that I "clothed" my 9000 in an OtterBox (Defender) and the creaking has stopped.

Just an observation from a BB n00b ... :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast