Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Just upgraded my 8820 for the Bold and loving it, but there is one thing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

thomas17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2196B9E9

Battery Door Creaking

Advertisement

Just upgraded my 8820 for the Bold and loving it, but there is one thing that is annoying, that is my battery door creaks when typing. Does anyone else have this happen on their bold. Thinking of getting a new battery door.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    WD-40 it jk

It probably just doesn't fit well, if it bothers you that much, I suggest you just exchanged the device.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas17 View Post
    Just upgraded my 8820 for the Bold and loving it, but there is one thing that is annoying, that is my battery door creaks when typing. Does anyone else have this happen on their bold. Thinking of getting a new battery door.
    Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think a new door will do it.
    Where is the noise coming from? Have you sighted along the sides and top and bottom to see if the rim is warped? If so, take it back. The overall build quality of the Bold is quite good. However that said they are indeed mass produced and therefore come with a warranty to cover problems like this. If you return it and get a new one, it's a fresh start. That is probably your best choice.

Good Luck

PIN/ID
    2196B9E9
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think a new door will do it.
    Where is the noise coming from? Have you sighted along the sides and top and bottom to see if the rim is warped? If so, take it back. The overall build quality of the Bold is quite good. However that said they are indeed mass produced and therefore come with a warranty to cover problems like this. If you return it and get a new one, it's a fresh start. That is probably your best choice.

Good Luck
    When I remove the door and type or touch and press the front area it does not creak. when pressing the side rails it also does not creak. Going to try a different door and if that does not work I will return it. Only had it for a week and have no other issues. Thanks

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too have a tiny TINY amount of creaking... but honestly, does it really bother you that much? I'm still loving this toy; and besides, at least it doesn't creak as much as a Curve 8300. Euch.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm glad I haven't had this issue, something like that would drive me crazy...no matter how insignificant.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    I too have a tiny TINY amount of creaking...
    Mine began as a tiny amount of creaking. Having paid for a top of the line BlackBerry, a product known for it's quality I found that a major annoyance. However I did not jump to a conclusion but rather gave it a few days to see what would happen. It got progressively worse quickly, then I inspected it carefully only to find that the metal surround that the battery door fits into was warped. So that one went back. RIM cannot fix a problem they do not know exists, and it's why there is a warranty.

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2
    True enough. If it gets worse, I'll send mine back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    True enough. If it gets worse, I'll send mine back as well.
    Believe me I know it's a pain to return it, however what you want to avoid is having it get really bad _after_ you are out of warranty. Then it will really drive you crazy......... if it was simply the battery door that would not be such a big deal, but everyone of these I've seen (two friends also had this issue with theirs) has been due to mis-alignment on the phone, not the door. Hope this helps.

Cheers

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    the door squeaks against the battery... try inserting a single thickness of charmin ultra... (guess where i was when i discovered that trick works)

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    put some tape on the back of the battery door, it will fix the problem.

kramed no está en línea Stack level 1
    Will they actually exchange the device for such a thing? Mine creaks pretty bad too.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by penpower View Post
    put some tape on the back of the battery door, it will fix the problem.
    Well, there's an elegant solution for ya!

Seriously, sounds like shoddy quality and definitely warrants a replacement device in my opinion.

PIN/ID
    2196B9E9
    Ok, got it fixed. returned it for new and no questions asked and this one does not creek. Very solid.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by kramed View Post
    Will they actually exchange the device for such a thing? Mine creaks pretty bad too.
    You bet your a$$ you should be able to get it replaced for something like that. The only way I can see not getting your Bold replaced for a creaky door is if there was also signs of unrelated physical damage. By the sounds of it there haven't been to many people having issues getting Bolds replaced for cosmetic issues and whatnot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast