So lately my battery has been getting down to about 2 bars left and then ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Battery dies at 2 bars

Advertisement

So lately my battery has been getting down to about 2 bars left and then flat out dies right after! All seems fine and then I get a big ol warning message and a yellow blinking light and my phone shuts off. Then when I put it on the charger it goes back up to 2 bars super fast and seems normal again. Anyone else having battery issues? I am thinkin of getting an extended battery from Seidio if this keeps up
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    if the phone is working properly other than this, then I would definately get the Seidio. I have had one on both my 9000 and 8900, and I must say they are worth the money.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Seems more like a faulty battery. I would try another OEM battery first (if you haven't already done so). Then get the extended battery.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    no battery issues here but as Erica said, try another OEM battery.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Seems As if it's a battery issue. Just go down to the store and yell them to swap it out for a new one. That will probably solve your issue.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

I think I shall go have the store swap it out first and see how that goes. I am hopin someone who saw my Christmas list maybe got me the extended Seidio battery though :-)
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

So it wasn't a battery issue as my new battery is doing the same thing. Seems I am not totally alone as there is a thread on CB regarding this too

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/batt...e-left-405949/

Yeah I finally joined them just now lol!

But yeah this is getting to be a pain in the ying yang as my phone just shuts down on me at the worst times!!!! Gah!!!

*UPDATE

I downloaded a new OS last night (5.0.0.442) for my phone and will see how that goes.
    Last edited by lovin2act; 02-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    So lately my battery has been getting down to about 2 bars left and then flat out dies right after! All seems fine and then I get a big ol warning message and a yellow blinking light and my phone shuts off. Then when I put it on the charger it goes back up to 2 bars super fast and seems normal again. Anyone else having battery issues? I am thinkin of getting an extended battery from Seidio if this keeps up
    if you are an ATT customer, you can go to a warranty service center and get your battery swapped out. i did that with this m1 battery in my 9000
    I'm a born again Androider

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    You might actually have a hardware issue with the phone as well a poor battery connection can cause very similar problems so maybe just have att send you a new phone

Thanks guys!!

As it stands right now, after downloading the new OS onto my phone, the issue has gone away :-) I think my old OS was not reporting the battery levels accurately on the main screen which I was suspecting was the case after finding a thread on CB with some other 9700 owners using my same OS and reporting the same issue.