Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

okay so heres the deal, i use to have a curve but made the iPhone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

back to my berry...

Advertisement

okay so heres the deal, i use to have a curve but made the iPhone switch way back in august. I do love iphone but i started to look at it as 'kiddish' much like ppl began looking at sidekicks. im trading my 3G for a friends BOLD. my question is, can i just take the sim card out my iphone and put it right into the bold. i know i have to change the data plan, but aside from
    that everything else will be good2go, right?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If there both from ATT, I don't see a problem with that. Don't forget to send the servicebooks to the Bold and register it.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You'll definately have to change your data plan from the iphone data to bb BIS plan...

If the bold is at&t then ull be good like pdxmatts mentioned, if not, you'll have to get it unlocked...

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    If there both from ATT, I don't see a problem with that. Don't forget to send the servicebooks to the Bold and register it.
    Without a BB data plan you have nothing to send service books. Got to change iPhone plan back to a Blackberry plan. If you bought your iPhone from AT&T with a contract, they will charge you for cancelling the iPhone contract becasue they gave you a discount on the iPhone purchase.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    If he is trading with his friend, they won't charge him for changing plans because he is not cancelling the contract with AT&T. He is staying with them with a BB plan instead. No harm, no foul.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    If he is trading with his friend, they won't charge him for changing plans because he is not cancelling the contract with AT&T. He is staying with them with a BB plan instead. No harm, no foul.
    AT&T will find it "foul"

After reading the OP thread again.

It sounds like he has a iPhone with a contract with AT&T. If he changes his plan from iPhone to BB data he will be breaking his iPhone contract. If this were not so, I could go and buy a iPhone today, at discount, from AT&T and then change the plan back to my Blackberry and have a iPhone at a discount to sell as I wish with no penalty.

I do not think so. When you buy the iPhone you are locked into a contract for TWO YEARS. If you do not cancel and return the phone in the beginning grace period you are stuck with the contract for two years.

You could, I guess get a BB data plan back on your account but cancel your iPhone service and tey will hurt you!

Trading your legally owned iPhone to a buddy with a Bold does not relieve you of the iPhone contract.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 03-15-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    AT&T will find it "foul"

After reading the OP thread again.

It sounds like he has a iPhone with a contract with AT&T. If he changes his plan from iPhone to BB data he will be breaking his iPhone contract. If this were not so, I could go and buy a iPhone today, at discount, from AT&T and then change the plan back to my Blackberry and have a iPhone at a discount to sell as I wish with no penalty.

I do not think so. When you buy the iPhone you are locked into a contract for TWO YEARS. If you do not cancel and return the phone in the beginning grace period you are stuck with the contract for two years.

You could, I guess get a BB data plan back on your account but cancel your iPhone service and tey will hurt you!

Trading your legally owned iPhone to a buddy with a Bold does not relieve you of the iPhone contract.
    okay so heres my deal, originally back in august i bought the iphone at the discounted price of $199, but in november it was stolen. because of that i had to buy a new one at FULL PRICE, which was $399....so am i good?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Not sure about the plan issue. I switched to blackberry halfway through my iPhone plan with no issues. Did it in the store.
    Could have issues, but I'm not sure.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by els718 View Post
    okay so heres my deal, originally back in august i bought the iphone at the discounted price of $199, but in november it was stolen. because of that i had to buy a new one at FULL PRICE, which was $399....so am i good?
    Sorry but AT&T could care less if your iPhone was stolen. You signed a two year contract to get your original iPhone for $199. I am not positive but all you need to do is ask when you get your BB plan for the Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nothing will happen, I recently did this. My iPhone plan worked on my E71 and G1, then when I got the BB Bold I had to go cancel the plan, which I was 1 year into, and get the BB Bold plan. I told them some BS on how my iPhone got water damage and I bought the Bold from a friend. As long as your through with the first month on the iPhone plan you can easily cancel it.

Just tell them exactly what I did, water damaged your phone and your friend sold or gave you a bold and you just want to transfer the $30 iPhone plan to the $30 BB plan. NEVER call AT&T though, they will just say it's not possible.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Something like above happened to me. Screen broke and repair was nearly the same as buying new one. Was about a year in. At&t just sold me the blackberry and switched plan.

Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    Nothing will happen, I recently did this. My iPhone plan worked on my E71 and G1, then when I got the BB Bold I had to go cancel the plan, which I was 1 year into, and get the BB Bold plan. I told them some BS on how my iPhone got water damage and I bought the Bold from a friend. As long as your through with the first month on the iPhone plan you can easily cancel it.

Just tell them exactly what I did, water damaged your phone and your friend sold or gave you a bold and you just want to transfer the $30 iPhone plan to the $30 BB plan. NEVER call AT&T though, they will just say it's not possible.
    cant i just change my phone and data plan through my online account...i mean i know i can but, att will charge me bcuz of this i dont get it.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Gotta love when people take the special carrier price deal, then decide a few months later they want out and want US to tell them how to get out of their obligation. Why should we be doing that???

You and your Bold buddy should have to pay each the ETF, and then you can swap around devices to your heart's content.

i dont think this is right you should be able to switch your plan no problem my friend has gone from iphone to curve to iphone 3g to the bold and has never been charged a fee for changing you're changing your plan not canceling anything

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think the contract is for "service" not just "iphone service"... You should be able to call in anf make the switch to bbdata without a charge...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast