my original BOLD has a problem, it shuts off by itself.... so i got a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

automatic shut down problem

Advertisement

my original BOLD has a problem, it shuts off by itself....

so i got a refubished replacement and yet again it shuts off by itself..

OS both times were up to date..

i was wondering if anyone eles had this problem and is there anyway to fix it?

other than that i might get another replacment

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Have you transfered any data or apps from one to the other? If so it might be a bad app or something running amuck, since it's now two phones doing the same thing.Just something to consider maybe.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

nope didnt back up the phone

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you add the same apps you had on the first one onto the second one? is it random or have you found any similarities?

what OS are you running?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Checked the auto on / off feature?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Mine just started rebooting itself at odd times of the day. It was pretty annoying when it rebooted while I was talking to my honey in Iraq. GRRRR. The times it reboots seem to be random. Yesterday was around 8am and 12:15pm. The day before it was around 7am and 4 pm.

The only thing I have done to my Bold lately is added the new update for Facebook, added quickpull app and a few themes. I checked quickpull and its scheduled for 5am.

I know yours is shutting off but maybe we added an app in common? I haven't upgrade the OS so it's still the standard 4.6
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Be careful with the new Facebook update and the quickpull. I have noticed either of the two creating problems like you have with some device+specific os version combination

Its effing annoying!! .. I do have the facebook, but I didn't upgrade it with my old BOLD.

My friend has the curve and she has exchanged it 4 times due to the same problem..

Is it just a blackberry thing.. Cuz I was also in the middle of something and it happened ..

Why must I have all theses problems!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    well for one thing, the new facebook is a leak, so you never know how thats gonna work...

and if youre on one of the beta OS releases, one can never be sure which software is messing with it because all OS seem to respond slightly different with different devices...
    i see RED...

sdbob no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problems with my bold shutting off randomly. At first it seemed to happen when I would put it into my holster and then take it back out quickly, but then it started happening more often than that. I started deleting apps one by one and waiting a few days in between. It eventually went away when I deleted my facebook. While it is annoying to not have the capability to upload items to facebook now, I am not dropping calls or having to loose my highest run in bubble popper! Take care

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    we had that problem on my fiance's bold. it was the os. he was on .247 and it had a MAJOR memory leak. a new os fixd the issue....

701 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a friend with an older Bold and his shutdowns were related with the battery not being really fix inside the housing. He just put a piece of paper at the top of the battery and now's ok. You should see if it's the case with yours.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think that's an excellent idea pertaining to random reboots... I've actually read that elsewhere on the forum as well...

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    I tried this yesterday, the battery is actually very loose so I put a bit of card all the way round the battery so there was no movement. I thought this would fix my random reboots but no. I'm wondering now if to get rid of facebook?